- by ekeeven Jan 30I am in the process of writing my resume and i do jot know how many or what skills i should include. I have worked as a tech on tele and sicu and also did a nursing externship. I want a job in the icu. What kinds of skills or other things should I put on my resume that will increase my chances of an icu position?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=812320©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 887 Views
- Jan 31 by RJmanuoneI'm pretty sure that the format of resume would be a lot different from the ones here, but then again you are trying for ICUs so you have to highlight the fact that you are competent in performing duties of the ICU and is familiar with the environment...
something like -
Duties and Responsibilites
- Proper handing over and taking hand over of patients.
- Receiving patients from ER and OPDs.
- Preparation of unit for patients.
- Documentation and updating of records.
- Case presentation during rounds and carry out orders.
- Demonstrating procedures to students and clearing their doubts.
- Orientation and explaining routines to new staff.
- Preparation of the patient for procedures like MRI, CT scans, MIBI scans, EMG, BMFT etc.
- Care of epidural, invasive lines, wound drains and EVD’s.
- IV Cannulation – peripheral lines, Urinary catheterisation under aseptic technique.
- Insertion of NJ feeding tube and Ryles Tube.
- Care of patients on BiPAP and Tracheostomy.
- Assisting in Intubation and CPR.
- Post operative care like dressing, care of drainage and suture removal.
- Knowledge about monitors and accessories.
- Manipulation of O2 flowmeter with mask prongs and fixing.
- Suction – High suction and low suction through centralized suction port and through independent suction units.
- Assisting for chest drains insertion, removal and monitoring of drainage.
- Monitoring Intake and Output.
- Siemens 900
- Siemens 300
- I-Vent VersaMed
- Engström Carestation
- CARDIAC MONITORS : Phillips, Datex, Spacelabs etc...
- Syringe pumps & Infusion pumps
- Centralized O2 & Suction devices
- ECG machine
- ABG analysis machine
- Ultra nebulizers & steam inhalers
- Transporting ventilator trolley.
- BiPAP machine
- Hospital Managing Information System
- Rapid Sequence Intubation and Ventilation.
- Insertion of Central Line (single, double and triple lumen catheters) and setting up for CVP monitoring
- Insertion of Arterial Line for ABP monitoring
- ICD insertion
- Bedside Bronchoscopy
- Bedside Dialysis, CRRT
- Lumbar Puncture
- Ascitic Fluid Tapping
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- GCS monitoring
- Collecting blood for ABG (arterial blood gas) analysis
- Collecting blood by vacutainer system
- Pre and post care of patients undergoing cardiocath insertion, DSA, Angioplasty.
- Pain management and wound management.
- Insulin Infusion therapy for Diabetic Patients.