Hey all! I just wanted to hear some constructive criticism about my resume. I've been tweaking it here and there. Suggestions would be great! I'm pretty open to them. Thanks in advance taking the time to read this and giving me feedback. My resume is 1-1 1/2 pages long
A new graduate nurse committed to providing safe, quality evidence-based practice patient care seeking a Registered Nurse I position to progress my knowledge, expertise, and skills as a Registered Nurse.
Dominican University of California – San Rafael, CA, United States
Graduated: May 2014
Degree earned: Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Elected Class Speaker- Nursing Pinning Ceremony
2010 Presidential Scholarship
License and Certifications
Board of Registered Nursing, License number: xxx Expires: December 2016 Basic Life Support (HCP) Certification, American Heart Association April 2015
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification, American Heart Association March 2016
Children’s Vision Screening Certification, Prevent Blindness Northern California September 2017
Clinical Experience (Total of 1100+ Hours Completed)
Spring 2014 Preceptorship/Internship February 2014- May 2014:
· Marin General Hospital, Greenbrae, CA.
· Medical-Surgical Unit (Over 200 hours completed).
· Independently took care of 3+ patients every shift by performing head to toe assessments, medication administration, central line access, blood draws and dressing changes, IV care, patient avocation, professional communication, collaboration, and delegation with other members of the health care team, patient and family education, and receiving and giving SBAR report to help ensure each person received the safest quality patient care.
California Pacific Medical Center, SF, Ca MedSurg/ICU 120 Hours Aug 2013- Dec 2013
Center for Domestic Peace, San Rafael, Ca Community Health 120 Hours Aug 2013- Dec 2013
Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, Ca Pediatric MedSurg 120 Hours Jan 2013- May 2013
Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, Ca L&D/PP/NICU 120 Hours Jan 2013- May 2013 Doctor’s Medical Center, San Pablo, Ca MedSurg/Cardiac 120 Hours Aug 2012- Dec 2012
San Francisco General Hospital, SF, Ca Psychiatric Health 120 Hours Aug 2012- Dec 2012
The Tamalpais, Greenbrae, Ca Geriatrics/SNF 96 Hours Jan 2012- May 2012
St. Mary’s Medical Center, SF, Ca Tele/Ortho/ICU 120 Hours Jan 2012- May 2012
Work & Volunteer Experience
Electronics & Sales floor Team Member- Target
October 2015- Present
· Educate numerous guests about products and provide friendly and respectful customer service to meet the needs of each guest.
· Assist in training new team members monthly to ensure quality customer service.
Volunteer- Hayward Healthcare and Wellness Center
May 2013- August 2013
· Shadowed Registered Nurses and assisted in patient care by communicating with patients and other healthcare team members and performing activities of daily living to provide efficient and safe care in various situations.
Counselor- Christmas Institute Youth Camp
December 2010- Present
· Assisted in the personal development of 140 children ranging from 13-21 years of age with strength and team building activities and small group sessions to: express oneself and aid in finding ones identity.
Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society of Nursing, Rho Alpha Chapter
May 2014- Present
Filipino American Student Association “Kapamilya”
August 2010- May 2014
· Public Relations Officer
(May 2013- May 2014)- Informed Dominican University, Marin County, and college universities in the bay area about events and fundraisers through social media, flyers, and newspaper ads.
· General Representative officer
(May 2011-May 2013)- Relayed information, delegated tasks, and worked collaboratively with each member on their assigned projects and tasks as well as confirming that members were knowledgeable about all events.
Electronic Health Records:
Epic, Paragon, & Pyxis
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)