Critique my resume pleaseRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Critique my resume please in Nursing Resume Help, part of Nursing Career Advice ... hi i frequent the site often but this is my first time posting, if anybody can help me with my...by MissNae Jun 1, '12hi i frequent the site often but this is my first time posting, if anybody can help me with my resume i would really appreciate it alot!! i omitted some personal information, like names of facilites and schools.
· dedicated, service-focused professional seeking to transition into healthcare as a licensed practical nurse.
· highly motivated to launch nursing career;future goals include graduating and obtaining license in practical nursing schooland ultimately, continuing education to obtain an rn license.
· reliable worker with the ability to quicklylearn new concepts and skills.
· 2009-present: associate of science- nursing: xxx college-xxx, va
· 2003-2006: advanced diploma with civil seal:xxx high school-xxx, va
10/2009 – present: xxxx- xxx, virginia· directed calls and received messagesbox office ticket seller
· demonstrated the ability to interact withcustomers from diverse cultures and backgrounds
· operated fax and copy machines
· filed medical papers
· received visitors for patients
10/2011 – present: xxxx- xxx, virginia· process ticket sales orders from customers atthe window and process phone ordersmedia specialist (temp)
· help maintain ticketing database in an accurateand reliable manner
· provided exceptional customer care in a highvolume, high stress, environment
· use computers to enter, access or retrieve data
01/2011 – 08/2012: xxxx- xxx, virginia· email correspondence to firmsskills
· maintain records, reports, or files
· operate printing/ scanning equipment
· use computers to enter, access or retrieve data· ms wordawards
· ms excel
· excellent at multitasking and problem solving skills
·excellent communication skills
· productive in a high volume, high stress,environment2009-2011 xxxxxdeans listcertifications2011-2014 cardiopulmonary resuscitation: healthcare provider -american heart association
available upon request
Last edit by NRSKarenRN on Jun 3, '12
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=717508©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 795 Views
- Jun 3, '12 by MissNaeAnyone?
- Jun 3, '12 by NRSKarenRNhi!
dedicated, service-focused professional seeking to transition into healthcare as a licensed practical nurse
"licensed practical nurse" needs to be capitalized.
your next section states:
highly motivated to launch nursing career; future goals include graduating and obtaining license in practical nursing school and ultimately, continuing education to obtain an rn license.
how are you an lpn if there is no education program listed for practical nursing? does your state permit those in associate
degree programs to take nclex-pn after certain # courses? --most states don't permit this requiring graduation from bon approved practical nursing program.
why are you including this statement if enrolled in associate of science- nursing program.
you have chosen a functional resume format highlighting skills from previous positions which is fine and include a section on "skill summary"
see the section on functional resumes: 2012 tips: perfecting nursing resume, cover letter + online nursing job applications
Last edit by NRSKarenRN on Jun 3, '12
- Jun 3, '12 by MissNaeThank you for your input! I didn't realize I made a mistake with my school. I switched schools and programs so it is not an associates in science, it is just a certificate. So I will be receiving a certificate when I graduate the LPN program.Last edit by MissNae on Jun 3, '12
- Jun 6, '12 by MissNaeI was told that I need to make my resume more towards gaining a career in nursing. I dont understand how to do that if I dont have experience other then my clincals, which I was told not to put on my resume. Any recommendations?