Your school's acceptance of Excelsior's exams?Register Today!
- by little miss redpatch Sep 25, '10For those who have transferred from Excelsior to another university, did you get credit for your Excelsior exams? Full credit? I'm wondering how well those credits transfer.
I ask because, in the back of my mind, I find myself thinking that I may have to repeat the sciences or something later on when I get by Bachelor's, etc. if I go to school elsewhere.
I see that ACE recommends credit be granted for the exams, and many schools go by their guidelines. That's a good sign.
- Sep 25, '10 by caliotter3If you know the school you want to transfer the credits to, you should inquire and get the ok in writing before spending time and money on the courses or exams.
- Sep 27, '10 by little miss redpatchAll right, thanks. I checked with one school, West Texas A&M, and found out they do accept Excelsior College credit since they are regionally accredited.
- Sep 27, '10 by caliotter3Try to get any agreements in writing. I think I remember that one person said when push came to shove, they were told that something would not be accepted when the person had been told that it would. Saves a lot of grief if you get it in writing.
- Sep 27, '10 by NC Girl BSNI am doing a local RN-BSN through a state university and they gave me 3 credits for EC transitions exam. I did not have to take the first class in the curriculum. That was a nice suprise and it saved me almost $300.
- Oct 1, '10 by little miss redpatchQuote from NC Girl RNThat's good to know! That means you're that much closer, too.I am doing a local RN-BSN through a state university and they gave me 3 credits for EC transitions exam. I did not have to take the first class in the curriculum. That was a nice suprise and it saved me almost $300.