Vanderbilt MSN:M/H N/P student needs PreceptorRegister Today!
- by questioningRN May 14, '11Hello Everyone,
Hope that all is well with everyone. I am posting this in the hope that someone will see my post and be able to help me. I am praying that maybe someone on the board or that someone on the board knows someone in the Southern New Hampshire area that may be willing to precept me this coming years. I am coming upon my final year at Vanderbilt and this is the year where I will need to be precepted in the clinical environment, my focus is family psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner.
I attend Vanderbilt via distance learning format/ block education learning and I am almost complete. I am responsible to locate my own clinical site and I have not seemed to have had any luck. If you do not know of a person, you may still be able to help, because I am open to any/all suggestions on what has worked for any of you who found yourself in the same position or know of someone who was in the same position.
I really appreciate your help!
- 1,848 Views
- May 14, '11 by WyndDrivenRainHi Rich,
Have you tried any of the psychiatric hospitals in Mass? Maybe Arbor or McLean? They might be able to direct you to some outpatient options as well.
- Jul 10, '11 by nikkilou10Hi
I hope you will be a good resource for me! I would love to speak to someone who has been through Vandy's program. I just got accepted friday. I am very anxious.
Any advice would be welcomed. I am distancing from SC.
- Jul 17, '11 by questioningRNHi Nicki
I was just accepted around 4 weeks ago. I am in the PMH MSN program, I have a BSN already... you?
- Oct 13, '11 by jordansHey guys, I was just wondering if I could get some advice from any of you that are in the Vandy MSN program? I'm currently applying and just need some direction in terms of the goal statement and interview questions. If anyone is willing to help please post back! Thanks!!
- Mar 13, '12 by ch0c0latefiendHi All!
I don't know if anyone is still looking at this thread, but I'm assuming you all were able to find your preceptors ok? I was just accepted to Vandy's FNP pre-specialty program and was curious about how the distance portion works. More specifically the places/hotels you stayed in and for how long when you had to come back to Nashville once a month. What was the average cost of these monthly trips? And have you found it difficult to find your preceptors? Has Vandy helped you to find them? Or did they just let you go do your own thing?
- Apr 9, '12 by danceluverbump: Any input as far as being a distance student, what is it like? How hard is it to really find preceptors?
- Apr 11, '12 by RNSallyanneVanderbilt sends out a list of hotels with their current rates. I have that if you would like it.