I am from Texas looking for an online LVN to RN program.Register Today!
- by NursingBro Feb 19One that is almost completely online. I work full time and don't know if I can make it on exam days etc...
Also how are clinicals done? Are they at the end of the program?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=816693©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 824 Views
- Feb 20 by HouTxHave you looked at Lamar's (Beaumont) online program? I understand that it's < $6k total cost. Don't know much about the actual structure or how clinicals are arranged. You need to talk to them to get details. Here's the link. Lamar State College Port Arthur Academic Partnerships
- Feb 20 by Welsley1969Lamar currently has a hold placed on any future start dates. This is because of sanctions by the Texas BON due to low pass rates on the NCLEX.
- Feb 20 by BrillyDHave you looked at excelsior college? Self-paced, you test at a pearson testing center that you schedule, clinicals at the end are 2 1/2 days. Relatively moderately priced.
- Feb 21 by NursingBrosounds great i will look into it.
is it accepted in texas to sit for the rn?
- May 14 by lmh1981Where in Texas do you live? UTA has a pre license program online in the Fort Worth/ Dallas area and Houston. Also, A&M Corpus Christi.... Clinicals are two days a week for UTA..., and I think you have to find your own preceptor/ Hospital to do your clinically for A&M. WGU also has a program but I haven't looked much into it.
- May 15 by TWierschUniversity of Texas at Arlington. You do have to do clinical in any program, so that cannot be done online - however UTA's AP BSN program has clinicals on the weekend.