Excelsior lpn to RN & University for BSN?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Excelsior lpn to RN & University for BSN? in Nursing Online Distance Learning, part of Online Nursing Schools, Traditional Schools, Colleges, Universities ... Hello,I will be graduating from an lpn program next week so I'm trying to figure out where to go...by A.nance Dec 9, '12Hello,I will be graduating from an lpn program next week so I'm trying to figure out where to go from there. I have looked into excelsior's lpn to RN program but I want to go to a nearby university for my BSN. I talked with the university and oddly they have never heard of excelsior so I am afraid that I wouldn't be able to go there for their BSN program. Has anybody else had a problem transferring to a university after getting your RN from excelsior? Thanks!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=801563©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,658 Views
- Never heard of it? Wow...I checked into schools around me and they were all going to accept it. Maybe that's unusual, I don't know.
- Dec 9, '12 by LunahRNNope, never had a problem. Applied to a few RN-BSN programs after Excelsior and had no problem. Excelsior has both regional and national accreditation.
- Quote from LunahRNLunah, why did you not apply to the Excelsior RN-BSN program?Nope, never had a problem. Applied to a few RN-BSN programs after Excelsior and had no problem. Excelsior has both regional and national accreditation.
I did look into it, but decided against it as well. I really don't know why, other than I couldn't get a clear answer if I needed some sort of clinical and I couldn't find anyone to give me a defined answer. I also wanted something that was accepted in all states, even though I have no plans of moving, lol.
- Dec 9, '12 by LunahRNThey wanted me to repeat some classes that I already had (and I had 206 credits already), and they wouldn't give me a thumbs up/thumbs down on my statistics class until I paid the enrollment fee. Chamberlain was a much shorter pathway to me for my BSN.
- Yeah, that was annoying too. They wanted me to pony up enrollment money and then tell me what I needed even though they had all my transcripts and could tell me without all the cash changing hands.