Excelsior lpn to RN & University for BSN?Register Today!
- by A.nance Dec 9, '12Hello,I will be graduating from an lpn program next week so I'm trying to figure out where to go from there. I have looked into excelsior's lpn to RN program but I want to go to a nearby university for my BSN. I talked with the university and oddly they have never heard of excelsior so I am afraid that I wouldn't be able to go there for their BSN program. Has anybody else had a problem transferring to a university after getting your RN from excelsior? Thanks!
- Never heard of it? Wow...I checked into schools around me and they were all going to accept it. Maybe that's unusual, I don't know.
- Quote from LunahRNLunah, why did you not apply to the Excelsior RN-BSN program?Nope, never had a problem. Applied to a few RN-BSN programs after Excelsior and had no problem. Excelsior has both regional and national accreditation.
I did look into it, but decided against it as well. I really don't know why, other than I couldn't get a clear answer if I needed some sort of clinical and I couldn't find anyone to give me a defined answer. I also wanted something that was accepted in all states, even though I have no plans of moving, lol.
- Dec 9, '12 by LunahRNThey wanted me to repeat some classes that I already had (and I had 206 credits already), and they wouldn't give me a thumbs up/thumbs down on my statistics class until I paid the enrollment fee. Chamberlain was a much shorter pathway to me for my BSN.
- Yeah, that was annoying too. They wanted me to pony up enrollment money and then tell me what I needed even though they had all my transcripts and could tell me without all the cash changing hands.