english composition with ExcelsiorRegister Today!
- by susyn153 Jun 30, '06I am taking the English Comp test thru excelsior in 4 weeks and would appreciate anything that can be said about it? Thanks all the best Susyn153
- Jul 16, '06 by rude_sugarGood luck with that test I just took it July 11. It was worse then I thought it ws going to be. Still waiting for my grade and still praying about it
- Jul 16, '06 by rehab nurseall i can say is good luck, and follow your guide exactly. the content guide, that is.
you didn't say what you used to study. even if you are using a third party publisher (like rue, moore, chancellors, college network) make sure you look over ec's guide and make sure you know every work on it.
i chose not to take it, and i struggled just as much through ec's online english comp, for 3 less credits. i aced prior english courses, i am still waiting for my grade (prob will end up with low b or c). i have read from those who did take it, they had a hard time, not enough time to finish, and pulled a c, if they did pass. not to say that's what you'll do, but what i have heard from multiple grads and ec students.
the college writing exam is supposed to be easier, but only worth 3 credits instead of 6. college writing will give you an instant grade as well, where the eng comp takes about two months or more.
i have only the cpne to take, having taken every course through ec (all my prereqs and nc exams).
i wish you much luck! how far along are you in the program?
feel free to pm me if you need/want more help/advice.
- Jul 20, '06 by susyn153I'm not far along, chose to chicken out and take the lesser credit english and technical writing. I like to memorize long lists of junk, like for chemistry or something, only one answer, you know or you don't . oh well, at least if I fail technical writing it will be a cheap do-over, lol. thanks for the buck-up though. best of luck to you as well, susyn153
- Jul 20, '06 by rehab nurseQuote from susyn153hey there,I'm not far along, chose to chicken out and take the lesser credit english and technical writing. I like to memorize long lists of junk, like for chemistry or something, only one answer, you know or you don't . oh well, at least if I fail technical writing it will be a cheap do-over, lol. thanks for the buck-up though. best of luck to you as well, susyn153
i hope i didn't scare you off....i didn't mean that! i just wanted to give you a heads up to what i know, and learned on my own, in my own decision to take/not take the eng comp exam. i finally got my final grade on my COURSE with ec, got a "b". but it was hard, papers galore in APA style, research, etc. i guess after being used to taking ec's exams at a prometric
center, i didn't like having to follow a set "schedule". and ec's courses are expensive, it cost 700 dollars for the eng comp course, which is 3 credits. but i'm glad it's over!
good luck to you. and don't forget, when you register for the college writing exam at ec, you get free help from ec's writing center. i think that's what it's called. it's on the ec website. they will evaluate your writing for free once registered for the exam, help you focus on what you need to.
- Jul 23, '06 by susyn153Nay, you didn't scare me off. I was just taking far too much time with the whole thing. I was far too focused on the amount of money to take the test over and was convinced I was going to fail. It would have been a self-fufilling profecy. This is soooooo much less stress and I get to take the technical writing which I feel a lot more confident about.
- May 12, '09 by SHENICAHOPEFULJust wanted to know if you passed the test was it hard
- May 12, '09 by Raggedy AnnYou will probably not get a response from the above posters. They took those exams almost 3 years ago. Are you currently studying for Eng. Comp. thru EC? I have scheduled my EC Eng.Comp. exam for July 15th. I will study for it as soon as I clep Soc. Good Luck to you! Traci
- May 16, '09 by SHENICAHOPEFULthank you for responding. How many more modules do you have left? When i'm done with the Ehglish composition I will be able done with my pre-subjects, and can finally register and start my nursing modules i have 7........................thanks
- May 16, '09 by Raggedy AnnI have taken all of the NC's. I am under the old curriculum. NC2 waived because of being LVN status. After I take Soc.(waiting on a date from local University to CLEP), I will be eligible to apply for the CPNE and I will take Eng. Comp. and Religion while waiting for a CPNE date. Good Luck to you as you journey thru EC. This site is awesome. Very encouraging! Traci