application for cpneRegister Today!
- by GeauxNursing Oct 15, '11Soooo. Just received notice that my cpne study guide has been shipped. Once I get this, will I be able to pay for the fcca/cpne stuff, apply to get my fcca, start background checks and all the other stuff I see ppl talking about?
Or is the study guide just that, a study guide?
- Oct 15, '11 by caliotter3If you are eligible, you can do all that stuff now. Go online and see what you can get accomplished if you have the funds to pay at this time.
- Oct 16, '11 by GeauxNursingok thanks. I'm so conflicted right now! Baby Girl is due in March. I want to get this done! But, I know it'll be near impossible to be travelling and succeeding at CPNE while 8+ months pregnant. I think I'll look over the information and apply in December. I'm not sure, though. I've been struggling with all these "what ifs".
- Oct 16, '11 by LunahRNYou can apply now, and just tell them that the earliest you'll be ready is after March (or whenever you decided). The application info is here:
You also need to have your physician sign off on your health status report, so you might want to make an appointment for that now (waiting for my doc appt held up my app by 3 weeks back when I applied!).
- Oct 16, '11 by GeauxNursingThanks, Lunah, thats a good point about the eligibility date.
- Jun 6, '12 by GeauxNursingjust an update as someone asked me what I ended up doing. I sat on my butt for too long ; ) I applied for CPNE a couple weeks ago and am currently waiting on my assignment date. My daughter is now 4 months old. I was so afraid that I was going to be struggling to prepare for CPNE, possibly taking CPNE while pregnant or with a fresh baby at home. Lol, I was wrong. In retrospect, I would have applied for CPNE in January and put my ready date as April 1. Now, I am stuck waiting. And I still have to take Micro. ewww!