unit manager....Register Today!
- by zaviah3 Mar 6I am a unit manager of a long term care unit along with sub acute young adults. I am being currently pulled to the floor as the regular floor nurse 3 days a week, PLUS going on transports with fragile status kids, literally plus. I am unable to keep up with my management duties along with being primary resourse and reporter for any falls that occur in the 240 bed facility that I work. I have to oversee and investigate any falls that occur in the facility. Granted I have no risk management experience but am somehow responsible for all. SERIOUSLY....Please I am looking for reason. I have truely lost my objectivity of normality. HONESTLY please , really please help.
- Mar 8 by CapeCodMermaidI'm not understanding your post. Are you venting or do you want help with falls' management?
- Mar 9 by SE_BSN_RNRun. Far away.
- Mar 19 by lkulmannI think she's overwhelmed because she's doing the work of 3 nurses...idk if she needs to take on learning about ANYTHING else....geeeesh
- May 15 by Havin' A Party!Left a similar post after two months. No way to get the job done without putting in oodles of extra time.
Wasn't willing to do it... no matter the compensation. Enjoy my free time too much.
- May 28 by nursemgr5Hard to do any job effectively when you have three or four at a time. I live in a small area where jobs are not easy to come by. If you have any other options for jobs, I'd look into them. The stress of what they are asking you to do seems too great for one person.