Staff meet and greetRegister Today!
- by ramonmalino Mar 22So I had a phone interview early this week for a unit manager position. I think it went really well and they have asked me to come in to the facility. The first hour I will be there will be a meet and greet with the staff over pizza, and thenI will have the formal interview. This will be my first experience interviewing for a manager position and I am really excited.
I'm wondering what I should be asking the staff. In addition to them meeting me, I think it's important for me to meet them. Has anybody done something like this before? How do these meetings normally go?
- Mar 23 by MrChicagoRNSmile, be friendly, ask them a little bit about themselves- how long they've worked there, what do they like/not like. What are they looking for in a manager?
Basically, Be open, friendly, show an interest in them, answer their questions, and create a good impression
- Jun 25 by Havin' A Party!How about current goals, challenges for the facility and for the particular unit you're interested in?
- Jun 28 by kayernAsk them about the unit, how long they've been there, etc. I would also ask where they would like to the see unit going in the next 1-3 years.
- Jun 28 by lmccrn62I was interviewed by my staff. I asked them why do you like working on this unit, if you could change one thing what would it be, what qualities do you expect from your manager.
- Jul 8 by cfaithWhen I interviewed for a manager position I asked, "What is the biggest challenge you face in doing your job and how would I be able to help if I'm in this position?" I asked this to about 7 people they all said pretty much the same thing.....staffing and consistency with applying "rules".....