Proof of Rehabilitation for CA BRN
- 0Mar 13, '12 by knufflebunnyI was wondering if someone can provide the complete list of things the CA BRN will require when applying for a license with a criminal background. I'm assuming the list includes a letter explaining the situation, what I have done since then to rehabilitate, legal documents, character reference letters, etc. Can someone respond with the complete list? Thanks!
- 1Mar 20, '12 by MichelleIowaR.N.Yea give them everything you got. I had 2 DUI's when I applied. I provided a letter of explanation, court documents, letters of recommendation from co-workers/professors, proof of AA attendance, proof that I completed treatment, work history etc... not that any of it mattered though. BON still put me on probation. Think they just like to torture you
- 0Mar 24, '12 by love1226What school did you attend for nursing school? I live in Florida and I have a conviction here in Florida and my nursing advisor told me that I may not be able to pursue nursing if the clinical sites don't take me. Did you have a problem doing your clinicals? Did you have to disclose your conviction to the clinical sites or to the school? Please HELP! I would move to Cali if I can get through a nursing program and be accepted for clinicals.
- 0Mar 26, '12 by Meriwhen, BSN, RN Senior Moderatorhttp://www.rn.ca.gov/pdfs/enforcement/appdocs.pdf
Board of Registered Nursing - Enforcement Applicant Desk
Hope this helps and best of luck!
- 0Jun 27, '12 by nurseintraining84Hey I'm kinda in the same boat as you.....I want nothing more than to become a nurse. I have a history of substance abuse, no felonies, but alot of misdemeanors-criminal posession of a controlled substance, petty larceny, & trespassing. I've been incarcerated in city jails.... in and out through my drug abuse. I have 1 year and 26 days clean and that started when I was released from Rikers Island-NYC Dept. of Correction in June of 2011. Since then I've made a 360 degree turn around. I enrolled into college in October 2011 for a Medical Assistant Associate Degree Program, and maintained a 4.0 GPA. I graduate in June of 2013 than I want to go on to a nursing program. I've been reading your posts and I just hope that my past doesn't hold me back from moving forward. I think I read you say that you graduate Spring 2012. So what happened did you get the license or are you waiting for a response? I know I have some time before I will be trusted, considering it's only been 1 year of no police contact, so I figured I'd just stay in school, earn all the degrees I can, get involved in some type of rehabilitation and community services, then tr to get my record expunged. What else can I do while I wait for some time to pass by to look better in front of the BoN? I just hope and pray that God grants me another chance to live a successful life. What else can I do?
Sorry for the long story, I'm just hoping I'm not wasting my time and money on the medical assistant degree as well as having my nursing career dream crushed..... PS I want to work in the NICU also.
- 0Jun 28, '12 by bpowers5211Quote from knufflebunnyFor DUI or any drug related convictions I would spend the money and get an evaluation done by an addictionologist. With that documentation the BRN would have a hard time denying you based on their thought that you have a problem.I was wondering if someone can provide the complete list of things the CA BRN will require when applying for a license with a criminal background. I'm assuming the list includes a letter explaining the situation, what I have done since then to rehabilitate, legal documents, character reference letters, etc. Can someone respond with the complete list? Thanks!