Proof of Rehabilitation for CA BRNRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Proof of Rehabilitation for CA BRN in Nursing Licensure With A Criminal History, part of Nursing Career Advice ... I was wondering if someone can provide the complete list of things the CA BRN will require when...by knufflebunny Mar 13, '12I was wondering if someone can provide the complete list of things the CA BRN will require when applying for a license with a criminal background. I'm assuming the list includes a letter explaining the situation, what I have done since then to rehabilitate, legal documents, character reference letters, etc. Can someone respond with the complete list? Thanks!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=685646©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,585 Views
- Mar 20, '12 by MichelleIowaR.N.Yea give them everything you got. I had 2 DUI's when I applied. I provided a letter of explanation, court documents, letters of recommendation from co-workers/professors, proof of AA attendance, proof that I completed treatment, work history etc... not that any of it mattered though. BON still put me on probation. Think they just like to torture you
- Mar 24, '12 by love1226What school did you attend for nursing school? I live in Florida and I have a conviction here in Florida and my nursing advisor told me that I may not be able to pursue nursing if the clinical sites don't take me. Did you have a problem doing your clinicals? Did you have to disclose your conviction to the clinical sites or to the school? Please HELP! I would move to Cali if I can get through a nursing program and be accepted for clinicals.
- Mar 26, '12 by Meriwhenhttp://www.rn.ca.gov/pdfs/enforcement/appdocs.pdf
Board of Registered Nursing - Enforcement Applicant Desk
Hope this helps and best of luck!
- May 27, '12 by Bigmaine33Hello ive read ur post and i was wondering were u able to get ur license im in the same boat but im in ny any info would be great thanks.
- Jun 27, '12 by nurseintraining84Hey I'm kinda in the same boat as you.....I want nothing more than to become a nurse. I have a history of substance abuse, no felonies, but alot of misdemeanors-criminal posession of a controlled substance, petty larceny, & trespassing. I've been incarcerated in city jails.... in and out through my drug abuse. I have 1 year and 26 days clean and that started when I was released from Rikers Island-NYC Dept. of Correction in June of 2011. Since then I've made a 360 degree turn around. I enrolled into college in October 2011 for a Medical Assistant Associate Degree Program, and maintained a 4.0 GPA. I graduate in June of 2013 than I want to go on to a nursing program. I've been reading your posts and I just hope that my past doesn't hold me back from moving forward. I think I read you say that you graduate Spring 2012. So what happened did you get the license or are you waiting for a response? I know I have some time before I will be trusted, considering it's only been 1 year of no police contact, so I figured I'd just stay in school, earn all the degrees I can, get involved in some type of rehabilitation and community services, then tr to get my record expunged. What else can I do while I wait for some time to pass by to look better in front of the BoN? I just hope and pray that God grants me another chance to live a successful life. What else can I do?
Sorry for the long story, I'm just hoping I'm not wasting my time and money on the medical assistant degree as well as having my nursing career dream crushed..... PS I want to work in the NICU also.
- Jun 27, '12 by nurseintraining84I also live in NY and i'm in the same boat... drug convictions, petty theft-No felonies though........ have you had any luck? If so do you have any advice for me...... Does anyone have any advice?
- Jun 28, '12 by bpowers5211Quote from knufflebunnyFor DUI or any drug related convictions I would spend the money and get an evaluation done by an addictionologist. With that documentation the BRN would have a hard time denying you based on their thought that you have a problem.I was wondering if someone can provide the complete list of things the CA BRN will require when applying for a license with a criminal background. I'm assuming the list includes a letter explaining the situation, what I have done since then to rehabilitate, legal documents, character reference letters, etc. Can someone respond with the complete list? Thanks!