Anyone denied licensure but told to reapply after stipulations are met?????Register Today!
This is a discussion on Anyone denied licensure but told to reapply after stipulations are met????? in Nursing Licensure With A Criminal History, part of Nursing Career Advice ... Hi, Just wondering if anyone was ever denied licensure by the nursing board, being told that you...by nurse_wannab Apr 26, '12Hi,
Just wondering if anyone was ever denied licensure by the nursing board, being told that you can reapply after paying fines, completing probation etc. etc?
I was just denied after a formal hearing with the board and basically told, that after I make restitution & am off probation I can reapply for licensure...just wondering if anyone has successfully received their license after meeting the boards requirements/stipulations?
If you have been through a similar situation, please do share. I'm confused as to what to do now? I feel like they denied me, but that there is still hope that I can be licensed.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=702890©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 818 Views
- Apr 26, '12 by Esme12Follow the stipulations to the letter. They told you to reapply. It must be disappointing but they have rules they need to follow......follow what they say and I will pray they will give you licensure. People with "Issues" get licensure reinstated all the time. good luck!
- Apr 26, '12 by DenisenikeIt depends on what it is for because they may have a time limit between the offense. Did this happen before you went to nursing school?
- Apr 26, '12 by mikeldrnI had a similar problem, I was licensed but had to go through a program they thought was necessary. I was only allowed to practice in my state untill I fulfilled their requirements. When I finished I called them and sent them the paperwork they requested and was gave my compact license. Did you pass the test? If so when you complete what they have asked you, call and ask them, they may have more hoops for you to jump through but it is worth it in the end, not fun but worth it....Hope this helps.
- Apr 27, '12 by nurse_wannabWell I was never licensed. Got into trouble during nursing school. Initially applied, got denial letter last year, hired an attorney and appealed the decision...went to a formal hearing, but the board has now just now made the decision to deny my appeal.
Counsel for the BON during my hearing, recommended that I be granted a probationary license, and the probation could be lifted after I finished probation and paid all my fines, but I guess the board did not agree with that. They did say that after some time elapses, I pay all my fines off, and my probation ends, that I should then reapply. They are aware that (as soon as I pay my fines off, my probation will automatically end). My attorney also advised tha,t although I was not approved for licensure, atleast thet are allowing me to reapply after I meet the conditions. Now I'm just wondering if I have to wait a certain amount of time to reapply. Just was hoping to get some advice from anyone that has maybe gone through a similar situation...I'm hoping to have everyting paid off within a year and I just pray that they will allow me be be licensed then...From what i'm hearing, it's very diffcult to get a position with a probationary license anyway? I'm so confused! Thanks everyone for your input.
- Apr 27, '12 by nurse_wannabThanks for your advice and prayer! I really do appreciate it! Yes, I was thinking that they could have just flat out denied me, without even encouraging me to reapply, if they weren't considering to give me a license.