I am hoping this is the correct place, if not send me in the right direction allnurses!
- Primary care certified PNP
- Graduated from direct-entry MSN/NP progrma
- no paid acute care/inpatient RN experience
- I've worked in primary care as a PNP for the past 3 years
My goals: I would like to transition into acute care, ideally as an acute care PNP
- Most Post master's acute care PNP programs I've looked into say they require 1-2 years of acute care RN experience
Does anyone know if I, as an NP without acute care RN experience can apply to new grad RN programs...? Or how I can move forward with getting the experience I need to make a transition into acute care?
I can check with HR if your experience and qualifications can get you start in acute care setting.
That would be great! What state do you practice in? I have been told that in California I don't specifically need the acute care certification-but, I might just given my lack of wrk experience in acute care settings.