Interview help!!Register Today!
This is a discussion on Interview help!! in Nursing Interview Help, part of Nursing Career Advice ... Hey! So I have an interview this Thursday at Bassett Medical Center up in Cooperstown, NY...and I...by Helematu7 Oct 6, '12Hey! So I have an interview this Thursday at Bassett Medical Center up in Cooperstown, NY...and I REALLY pray I get this job!
My questions are...what is the best thing to wear for my interview? I have a beautiful pencil skirt and jacket suit which I think will be fine...I hope so, anyway!
How long will it take to find out whether or not I am hired? Could it be right after the interview or a couple of days after?
And since I have to relocate what should I say if they ask me when I will be available to start?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=790681©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 6,958 Views
- Oct 6, '12 by tnbutterflyGreat job on getting the interview!!
I moved your post to the Nursing Interview Help forum. Hopefully you will get more responses.
- Oct 6, '12 by Helematu7Thank you! I didn't even realize there was an Interview forum!
- Oct 6, '12 by tnbutterflyYou are welcome.
You might want to read some of the other posts/threads in this forum for some helpful interview tips.
- Oct 11, '12 by michigansapphireGood luck today!
- Oct 11, '12 by Helematu7Quote from michigansapphireThank you! I think the interview went well... now I have to wait for either a job offer or rejection. :P How long did it take to hear from them??Good luck today!
- Oct 11, '12 by michigansapphireIn my case, about two weeks.
- Oct 11, '12 by Helematu7Quote from michigansapphireOh wow...hm, I hope it doesn't take that long! SO nerve wrecking!! Lol...but the surgical floor nurse manager told me to expect a call next week and the nurse recruiter told me that if I didn't hear from her in a couple of days, to call her. What should I take as a couple of days? :PIn my case, about two weeks.
- Oct 12, '12 by michigansapphireWell, you interviewed on Thursday, so Friday is one day, the weekend doesn't count, Monday is two days, plus throw in one more day because stuff happens - I'd call Wednesday morning.
- Oct 12, '12 by Helematu7Quote from michigansapphireHey so I just got a call from (MODERATOR EDIT OF NAME - PLEASE DO NOT POST NAMES OF INDIVIDUALS PER TOS), and she told me that surgical is very interested in me and she is now going to start the next process which is calling my references and doing a background check and that she would call me early next week. This is amazing! I'm so excited!Well, you interviewed on Thursday, so Friday is one day, the weekend doesn't count, Monday is two days, plus throw in one more day because stuff happens - I'd call Wednesday morning.Last edit by sirI on Oct 12, '12