Gallup Nurse Insight Assessment?
- 0Oct 26, '09 by hotflashionI just did an online application for a job. I was asked to complete an online assessment. It was the Gallup Nurse Insight Assessment, which I can find nothing about online.
Anyone have any info about it? Is this common?
- 0Oct 26, '09 by hotflashionI'm not any more enlightened, really, but it's NurseInsight, one word and there's capsule info on the Gallup website:
Gallup evidently has three nurse assessment tools:
I thought the test was tedious. I timed out on a couple of the questions. I have a very crappy memory for recalling test questions so I can't really repeat any specific questions I was asked, but I know there were questions about perfectionism, what is most important in patient care, how do you handle conflict, are you assertive, etc.
- 0Jan 21, '10 by DGoodYeah I just took this test for a scholarship (the kind they give you money and when you finish school you work for that hospital).
I've already received a letter stating that my GALLUP scores were not up to their standards and I would not be receiving the money.
Basically I answered truthfully. I like to focus on more that one thing, I'm dependable, I'm not the neatest person. How does that disqualify me I don't know.
The letter didn't have any more information.
How do you fail a personality type test? I did!
- 0Jan 26, '10 by jo1010I took the test couple of days ago. It made me very tired. I have to say I have never seen such a test before needed for employment. I am not even sure if I answered good or not, i didnt get any letter regarding my results yet.
I googled up some info about gallup test and here is what i found:
Gallup has studied the talents of great nursing professionals. Gallup
developed a selection tool based on that research -- the Gallup Nurse Index -- which is designed to help hospitals find and select highly talented nurses in the murky market of people who simply attended a two-or four-year nursing school. The tool, a standardized Web-based selection instrument, offers hospital or nurse managers insight into the talents of nursing candidates, such as attention to detail, empathy, and self-confidence, and whether those candidates are the right fit for the job.Last edit by jo1010 on Jan 26, '10
- 0Mar 11, '10 by Henrym203I actually just took this test this morning. Pretty much seems to be a kind of personality tester. I remember having to do some of these when I was in High school for jobs. Its basically scoring you on your personal traits and if it matches the employers minimums, you can a call.