Nurses with Hepatitis B in the Philippines? - page 7
by jbauer87 59,011 Views | 135 Comments
Just graduated last March 2008 and took the boards this June. The thing is, I'm a chronic carrier of Hepatitis B. I already searched the forums and from what I've read, hospitals in the USA, Canada, UK etc do hire nurses with... Read More
- 0Jan 16, '11 by GODknowsrighthello to everyone im glad to saw this web im 4th yearnurse student male and a good student nurse but unfortunately i was HBSAG positive i dont know where i contract this .ID,my question is even im positive should i able to go to US? because my father was there. i dont know if got petition with my father i dont know if US embassy will grant me because im hbsag positive.
any reply is accepted. thanks
- 0Feb 2, '11 by janmrythank you for this site... i now have the courage to face my condition. i was diagnosed hepa b carrier last 1998 for my high school medical requirements. i never took that seriously until i studied nursing.i felt my world collapsed when i realized that being a carrier will be a hindrance for my dreams. after i graduated and passed the PNLE last 2008 i never applied for any nursing jobs for fear of rejection. but after reading all your posts here. this gave me a new beginning. I've been praying for years that God will answers my request. and this is it... I will never be defeated by hepa b.
- 0Feb 11, '11 by marhiaHello godknowsright and janmry just read your post,leave it up to god,just pray and believe in your self..i applied as ccu nurse in florida..im done with my first PE and they found out im possitive,still they give a chance secure a medical certificate that im not infectious and thank god my gastro give me a clearance after a series of lab request..im still hep b possitive..but my employer consider my application.at present im waiting a letter from florida board of nursing regarding may status of my license by endorsement..i look forward with gods help second quarter of this year im working already in florida..
- 0Mar 11, '11 by mel7990hello every one im glad i found this site, im also a nurse , i felt very depressed and dis appointed when i got this dreaded disease, i got it when i was in training, i accidentally prick myself, all my dreams are gone in the wind, before i was taking medicine because of financially problem i stop my medication up to now i'am suffering, i'm in the chronic state im jobless please help me if any one here with the same situation here. thankyou so much
- 0Apr 6, '11 by chubz_rnHi everyone, im glad i found this site, im also a nurse, passed the nle last july 2010, im also a chronic carrier of hepa b, it came from my mom. i found out when i was 2nd yr 2nd sem when my prof in biology said that when we donate a blood we will have a additional points in in our exam, there was a screening before the donating of blood then after a few days i got the result the doctor talked to me regarding what they found, that time i was so depressed, starting to eat veges and fruits, my mom was surprised when she saw that i am now eating veges then i told her what happened. Despite of that my mom told me to pursue my course but for me i want to shift to hrm. And eventually i graduated and passed the board for my parents. I decided to apply for riyadh, i undergo PE they found that i am hepa b positive, even though i know it so long about my situation i still cried when i remember my parents. The doctor asked me why i still pursue it even i knew it before i enter 3rd yr college. I know that God has his own reason why he gave this to us,. Even I didn't pursue my career in hospital setting because of afraid in discrimination I still work in other field of nursing. I am now a Medical Biller, and I know in myself that i will be successful in my life even im not working in hospital setting as a nurse. So maybe people who have this disease maybe you should find an alternative job in nursing career. But still im searching for a doctor who will give me a concrete advise. Thanks a lot!.. And i know God will guide us... Godspeed...