Military Nursing in the Philippines - Page 4Register Today!
- Dec 10, '10 by idiotbox1006hi, good day everyone.. i really need for your advice.. im having my exam at nulwagang valdez this coming december 15.. i would like to know if the exam have a topic of OB and Psychiatric diseases??? pls reply to this post... it would be a really big help for me since i only have a short time to review... thanks and i will really appreciate it.. peace out!!!
- Jan 17, '11 by frituplusHi to all fellow nurses following this thread! I recently went to OTCN to submit my requirements for military nursing. I was politely assisted by the personnel in charge. I told her as of now, I am still waiting for my PRC license due to the late release in provincial offices. But as a proof that I passed the July 3&4 NLE, I attached the Board Rating Certificate and Certificate of Passing along with other requirements. She told me that they really need a photo copy of the license and I told her I will furnish her a copy as soon as it is available. After that she told me to register with details such as name, address, contact number, board rating, height, civil status, school attended to and year graduated etc. She also asked me whether I am wearing eyeglasses and I told her I do not use one. After which she told me to patiently wait for her SMS telling me the date of my exam. She even added that it might take a while to receive a message coming from the office since they are still accommodating those who applied since 2010. What really surprised me was that she did not get the folder containing my credentials and just told me to bring them (together with the license if it is already available) during my scheduled date of examination. Do you also have the same experiences? Thanks.
Your reply is very much appreciated. Let us all aim high!
- Feb 2, '11 by reichannGood day to all. I had my exam at camp aguinaldo last year,and i don't know if i passed the exam or not. they told me to wait for a call that will confirm if i passed,but until now i haven't received anything yet. Does it really take that long. I tried sending message and calling but still no replies. thank you.. Your reply is very much appreciated. God bless to all of us.
- Feb 13, '11 by mary221yes i had a same experience. But then I applied last 2010, and until now i haven't received any messages..haha=)
- Feb 15, '11 by kiko123good day!!
is there a max grade of eyeglasses? i have 300 grade of eyeglasses both eyes.
thx for the reply!
- Feb 18, '11 by josh_datskieFor public information that military nursing career in the philippines involve the "PALAKASAN" system in which even if you are highly qualified for the position if there is no one will back up your application in which somebody in the AFP or government officials as "NINONG" you will have no chance of being considered as military nurse. That is why corruption in the AFP still exist because of this old and rotten system. Hopefully with the change of the new administration with the leadership of President Benigno Aquino this wrong practices will be eradicated.
- Feb 18, '11 by nurseharbeeQuote from josh_datskieFor public information that military nursing career in the philippines involve the "PALAKASAN" system in which even if you are highly qualified for the position if there is no one will back up your application in which somebody in the AFP or government officials as "NINONG" you will have no chance of being considered as military nurse. That is why corruption in the AFP still exist because of this old and rotten system. Hopefully with the change of the new administration with the leadership of President Benigno Aquino this wrong practices will be eradicated.
- Mar 1, '11 by remykuncan anyone tell me if there is an online application?
im from south cotabato and i don't have the money to cover for the expenses of applying personally... hope 4 a reply... tnx
- Mar 5, '11 by johnjogood day.. i just took the qualifying exam of the nurse corps program and luckily i passed it though i was a bit confused because i thought that those with an 80% and above board rating will only take a 35 items exam... and they told me that my schedule for the interviews would be next year because of the large number of applicants.. oh well its a very lengthy process but at least my application is already on the list...
@remykun: i don't think that there's an online application for the nurse corps.. you really need to come personally to the ofice of the chief nurse for every transactions....
- Mar 7, '11 by frituplus@johnjo I just passed the qualifying exam last February. My board rating is above 80% and was given the 35 item examination. Until now I am waiting for their text or call for my initial interview but they didn't tell me when that text or call would be. Did they really tell you that your initial interview would be next year 2012? Thanks.