You know you're canadian when... - Page 8Register Today!
- Feb 7, '05 by EllyEH....What was that you said.....LOL
- Feb 7, '05 by EllyQuote from JACALA_CLYour absolutely right...March is coming and hopefully I.m winning .( more than last time.....1 freakin cookie.. and the dog got it....LOLmarch does not mean basketballl
it mean rrroll up the rrrim to win
- Quote from adrienursewhen my American husband and I were dating, I took him to a Maclean and Maclean show (in Canada, of course) - what amazed him, more than the actual content of the show, was that EVERYONE in the bar knew EVERY lyric to EVERY song!!!!You know you're canadian if....
you've ever heard your parents (or yourself) quote Maclean and Maclean lyrics.
ps - one of my personal favourites is "Dolly Parton's T**s"
- Quote from JACALA_CLand going to college and going to university after Grade 12 are two different things.......When In High School You Complete Grade 12...
Not 12th Grade
- Quote from adrienurseoh yeah, eh - my friends (who give a rats butt) here in Michigan are way in awe of my original "Gordon" CD (bought in Canada when I still lived there - oh, must have been back in '91 or '92 (are those years correct - I know I had it when I moved here to get married and that was in the fall of '92)yes, but did you love BNL 10, 15 years ago? Back when they were fat and geeky?
- Quote from jayceeI DO sing "O Canada" at our local arena (in Michigan) because, for some odd reason, they have both national anthems before our local high school hockey games (who never play Canadian teams)........I could sing O Canada hehehehehehehe............ :chuckle
- Quote from I_Love_Donutscoupla comments:
You have memorized the Heritage Foundation's Heritage Moments, including your favourites, "Burnt Toast!", "You know I canna read a word...", and "Kanata".
You had a crush on Joey Jeremiah from Degrassi Junior High.
You actually watch The Gemini Awards, The Genie Awards, and The Juno Awards. You wonder why Stompin' Tom doesn't get his own category in all three. You scream passionately at the television when your favourite Canadian performers are overlooked by their respective academies.
Thinking of Johnny Wayne causes gales of laughter.
You read rather than scanned this list.
does anyone remember the Heritage Moment about a train robbery where they took the wrong car and "all they could find were some liver pills" ?
Joey Jeremiah - yummy!!
My 1/2 and 1/2 kids know who Stompin' Tom is - he's the guy who sings "The Hockey Song" and they want to know when we're taking them to PEI so they can see "Bud the Spud"
also: you ask for a "Blue" or "Canadian" at a bar, not a "Labatts" or a "Molson" - I tell people here that's like going to a car dealer and telling them you want to buy a "Ford"
does anyone do the whistle for Jerome the Giraffe whenever they are at a zoo looking at giraffes?
Smarties rule!!!!! Sweet Maries rock!!!!! how about raspberry flavoured Canada Dry?
I think the best part about being French-Canadian specifically is that I can swear a blue streak at work and no one knows just how bad I am swearing.......
and, I have been with someone who refused to take off his tuque!!!!
- this may sound obscure but does anyone watch the news on NBC and see "John Roberts"? does anyone remember when he was "JD Roberts", a VJ on MuchMusic?
does anyone remember the commercials in Toronto "Panhandling on the corner of Yonge and Dundas - City TV - Everywhere!"
does anyone remember the first time they watched "Cagney and Lacey" and noticed that the boss was the "King of Kensington"?
the original SCTV episodes - need I say more?
I was so jealous when I met someone who actually knew "Mr Dressup" - I call my Halloween costume box "The Tickle Trunk" - my kids haven't asked why but they are getting old enough to understand that their mother is from a foreign country and has a few ways about her different from their friends' mothers.....
- Feb 7, '05 by Fiona59I think JD did a spell on Canada AM or whatever CTV calls their breakfast show. I remember being surprised when I saw him on NBC.
Our Man from Glad has silver hair, the American doesn't....
- Feb 8, '05 by janfrn... you know that "hurry!!!!!!hurry!!!!!!!!!!!!!hard!!!!!!!!!!!! !!" has absolutely nothing to do with sex but rather a run-back double take-out on shot with the hammer.