You know you're canadian when... - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 29, '04 by bigredThis thread was just what I needed. Thanks!
I will be glad if/when we do have $5.00 coins...that means I'll go on a trip sooner!
- Jan 31, '04 by RNBN2BYou say "bum" instead of "butt" ... you eat fries & gravy ... or vinegar on your fries ... you know it's the CN Tower, not the CNN Tower ...
- Feb 21, '04 by sixesYou don't show up in June with skis and wonder where the snow is...
You know that people in the north don't all live in igloos and drive dog sleds...
You don't think it is cold at -40
When winter starts in October and continues through to June
There is actually snow at Christmas ( thank goodness, I'd hate a green one)
When hot means it's 80' F
- Feb 21, '04 by hmccartnyou cringe at the thought of living in a place where every second person carries a gun.
- Feb 21, '04 by Canuck RNYou know you are a Canadian when you think Ron McLean and Don Cherry are the Canadian equivalent of Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis
- Feb 21, '04 by TraumaNurseToo funny! Thanks for the laugh! :chuckle
- Feb 21, '04 by JACALA_CLYou know all the words to "If I had a million dollars" by The Barenaked Ladies, including the inter-stanza banter between Steven and Ed.
You know that a Mickey and 2-4's mean, "party at the camp, eh!!!"
You don't care about the fuss with Cuba. It's a cheap place to go for your holidays, with good cigars and no Americans.
You are in grade 12, not the 12th grade.
You've frozen your tongue to something metal and lived to tell about it.
You somehow don't feel it's a bit hypocritical to measure distance in Kilometers and your weight in pounds
You can imitate at least 3 different Canadian accents... Not counting Newfie
You've plugged a car in overnight
You use a tennis ball more for road hockey than for tennis.
You don't know or care about the fuss with Cuba, it's just a cheap place to travel with very good cigars
You know that the Friendly Giant isn't a vegetable product line.
The mosquitoes have landing lights.
At least twice a year, the kitchen doubles as a meat processing plant.
Only in Canada......can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.
Only in Canada......are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.
Only in Canada......do banks leave both doors open but chain the pens to the counters.
Only in Canada......do we buy hot dogs in packages of twelve and buns in packages of eight.
Only in Canada......do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.
- Feb 21, '04 by GompersYou understand the phrase, "Could you please pass me a serviette, I just spilled my poutine?"
- Feb 21, '04 by gwenithYa mean Canada is not just another American state - runs VERY fast to nearest exit and hides:roll
You're not sure if the leader of our nation has EVER had sex and don't want to know if he has!
Goes doubly here - If I polled the average Aussie about if they cared about our PM having an affair the first reaction would be a glazed look followed quickly by "Eeeeeuuuwwww"
I am bowled over by how much is common between us. Spelling, comedy (we seem to have a similar sense of humour) the half and half metric system/imperial system.
Oh! and we both know who "HRH" is!!!
- Feb 22, '04 by TraumaNurseYou might be Canadian if...
- You know what happens in Evergreen Forest when Bert Raccoon wakes up.
- You substitute beer for water when cooking.
- You know Casey and Finnigan are NOT a celtic rock band or inport beer.
- You have at least 1 Roots sweatshirt that always smells like cigarettes and beer.
- You've actually said, " stay where yer to, till I comes where yer at" (Newfie)
Canadian Temperature Conversion:
50 F (10 C)
New Yorkers try to turn on the heat.
Canadians plant gardens.
40 F (4.4 C)
Californians shiver uncontrollably.
35 F (1.6 C)
Italian cars won't start.
Canadians drive with the windows down.
32 F (0 C)
Distilled water freezes.
Canadian water gets thicker.
-40 F (-40 C)
Canadians rent videos.
-60 F (-51C)
Mt. St. Helens freezes.
Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.
-100 F (-73 C)
Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
Canadians pull sown their earflaps.
-173 F (-114 C)
Ethyl alcohol freezes.
Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.
-459.4 F ( -273 C)
Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops.
Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"
-500 F ( -295 C)
Hell freezes over.
The Leafs win the cup!