Alberta Health Services
- 0May 25, '09 by Fiona59OK, we've all heard that they are eliminating 100 managerial positions.
We got the OT ban announcement last week, followed by the "part timers should pick up shifts before OT is permitted" (well, duh, that's in the contracts, can't help it if the staffing office failed to follow the rules), followed by the those on OT will be floated off to units within their services that are short.
How about the wonderful pens for nursing week?
How is AHS affecting your work day?
- 0May 25, '09 by NotReady4PrimeTime, RN Senior Moderatorhave you looked at the job board? all those vacancies we had a couple of weeks ago just went poof! couple that with the ot ban and it looks like we'll all be working for two. i wanna know what happened to that $27 billion surplus we had six short months ago. eddie scissorhands, rotten ronnie and "duck-it" duckett are really doing a number on us.
- 0May 26, '09 by CuriousStudent1108I saw this thread, so just out of curiosity, I went to our health region's job posting board. Over the last year or so I have checked in there periodically to see what positions were available for LPNs. Generally for the region there were about 15-20 positions open with varying hours from full to part time.
Last night when I checked, there were two. Two positions. Both of them in tiny little towns about 1.5 hours from the major center here, Grande Prairie.
What happened here? I start the full-time LPN program in September, and I hope by the time I'm finished those positions return!!
It's scary to me to see how quickly things changed.
- 0From what we can figure out, all vacant lines are being looked at closely. If they have two part time slots on the same unit, they are being combined into one full time job. (doesn't really matter if some staff are happy working part time) Cuts the cost of benefits for the employer. Mat leaves aren't being filled.
The jobs are there but just not right now.
- 0Don't start regular staff on UNE's. The load that have been hired at my hospital are only working day/A shifts. Now the staffing office and managers are expecting regular part-timers to pick up the evening and night slots left open.
If UNE's want to experience working as staff, let them work the shifts that staff work.