you live where?!?!!? - page 2
you live in california when... 1. you make over $250,000 and you still can't afford to buy a house. 2. the high school quarterback calls a time-out to answer his cell phone. 3. the fastest part... Read More
Jun 27, '02originally posted by sunnygirl272
you live in california when...
1. you make over $250,000 and you still can't afford to buy a house.
2. the high school quarterback calls a time-out to answer his cell phone.
3. the fastest part of your commute is going down your driveway.
4. you know how to eat an artichoke.
5. you drive your rented mercedes to your neighborhood block party.
6. when someone asks you how far something is, you tell them how long it will take to get there rather than how many miles away it is.
you live in new york city when...
1. you say "the city" and expect everyone to know you mean manhattan.
2. you have never been to the statue of liberty or the empire state building.
3. you can get into a four-hour argument about how to get from columbus circle to battery park, but can't find wisconsin on a map.
4. you think central park is "nature,"
5. you believe that being able to swear at people in their own language makes you multi-lingual.
6. you've worn out a car horn.
7. you think eye contact is an act of aggression.
you live in the deep south when...
1. you can rent a movie and buy bait in the same store.
2."ya'll" is singular and "all ya'll" is plural.
3. after five years you still hear, "you ain't from 'round here, are ya?"
4. "he needed killin' " is a valid defense.
5. everyone has 2 first names: billy bob, jimmy bob, mary sue, betty jean, etc.
you live in colorado when...
1. you carry your $3,000 mountain bike atop your $500 car.
2. you tell your husband to pick up granola on his way home and he stops at the day care center.
3.a pass does not involve a football or dating.
4. the top of your head is bald, but you still have a pony tail.
you live in the midwest when...
1. you've never met any celebrities, but the mayor knows your name.
2. your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor.
3. you have had to switch from "heat" to "a/c" on the same day.
4. you end sentences with a preposition: "where's my coat at?"
5. when asked how your trip was to any exotic place, you say, "it was different!"
for colorado...gotta add a number five to the list:
oxygen...almost everybody in colorado is lugging around their own oxygen tank! :chuckle
Jun 29, '02Spent years on a reservation where traffic jam was Grandma taking her herd of sheep across the road. My mom was thrilled when she cam to visit and we sat in traffic jam caused by the cattle drive coming down Main Street.