You know you're a nurse if... - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 28, '12 by kmarie724Whenever you hear the beeping from a truck backing up, you jump up to see whose alarm is going off.
- Apr 28, '12 by pinkfluffybunnyYour kid forgets to flush and you assess their urine.
- Apr 28, '12 by MattNurseyou ask your father-in-law what color his stool is and when is the last time he moved his bowels (true story, got the strangest look).
- Apr 28, '12 by NBMom1225when you finish assisting your co-worker do a complete bed change due to a C-Diff/Golytely explosion from a total care patient, and announce "I'm gonna go eat my lunch, I'm starving".
- Apr 28, '12 by Nascar nurseQuote from poetnyouknowitAmen! My kids swore I'd let them go until they needed CPR before I'd get the least bit worked up.Your own kids go to daddy when they hurt themselves because they know you won't get worked up over anything short of missing digits or copious bleeding. (Even though you still kiss their boo-boos to make them all better.)
- Apr 28, '12 by ScarryBear,RNWhen your child is coughing after swallowing wrong and the say "mom I'm choking here, your supposed to help me" and you calmly look at them and say "you're still passing air, you're fine. keep coughing"
Also, when your sleeping and the microwave beeps you wake out of a sound sleep to check for a bed alarm.
- Apr 28, '12 by maelstrom143Your husband attempts to wake you up on your day off and you tell him to leave you alone, you are busy giving meds...
- Apr 28, '12 by JeneraterRNYou know you're a nurse when you unconsciously palate your husband's or wife's veins when you hold his/her hand (I do this constantly and it drives him nuts!)
- Apr 28, '12 by SeasWhen you feel the urge to chart your own BM's or urine somewhere.
- Apr 28, '12 by ScarryBear,RNQuote from maelstrom143I've actually woke disoriented and yelled at my daughter to go to the clean utility room to get me a pair of draw string pants off of the cart because I was in my nightgown.Your husband attempts to wake you up on your day off and you tell him to leave you alone, you are busy giving meds...