You know you're a nurse if... - Page 18Register Today!
- Dec 1, '12 by Sarigai am forced to carry a travel bag like ariticles bag(test tubes,baison,jug,sponges,towels,soap.dettol....... ) of minimum 5kg weight and my lab cot pockt filld wit pocket articles like 3 color pens 4marking TPR chart,pen torch,steth etc.Then i realizd this is nursing...WEIGHT LIFTING
- Dec 6, '12 by teeniebertyou clean a chicken carcass to make soup and it turns into an anatomy refresher..."intercostals, okay, make sure no ribs go in the pot...pelvic bone, wow that's a weird shape...spine, spine, more spine...oh, that's one of those *draws a blank* oh geez, what are those called again?"
Aponeurosis was the word I couldn't remember.
- Dec 7, '12 by brillohead....you're explaining the pathophysiology of hepatic encephalopathy to your 12yo in the car on the way to school.
- Dec 7, '12 by DeLanaHarvickWannabeQuote from brilloheadThat is one way to deter drinking!....you're explaining the pathophysiology of hepatic encephalopathy to your 12yo in the car on the way to school.
- Dec 7, '12 by sharpeimom...when you make a duplicate copy of a recipe (so he won't lose the one in your Great Grandmother's handwriting) for your husband to use and he XXXXXX'X because you've used /c, liters, and other assorted
metric measurements without realizing it.
...when you can't stop what you're doing and yell for your husband to rescue the kitten from your overly
exuberant puppy before he crushes his epaxial muscles and his comment as he rescues the kitten is "Huh?"
- Dec 7, '12 by brilloheadQuote from DeLanaHarvickWannabeIf that doesn't do it, then describing the size of the needle they use for paracentesis just might! Hmmmm, I might see if I can bring one of those home sometime....That is one way to deter drinking!
- Dec 8, '12 by membermeYou know you're a nurse when you sign checks, birthday cards, personal letters ect. like this M.JaneRN or my favorite... Love, M.JaneRN
- Dec 10, '12 by flkeysQuote from membermeHave done this more times than I can count. glad I'm not the only oneYou know you're a nurse when you sign checks, birthday cards, personal letters ect. like this M.JaneRN or my favorite... Love, M.JaneRN
- Dec 12, '12 by T-Bird78When you sign your name and have to force yourself to stop before you add your initials after it. Signed a few checks T-Bird78, LPN.
- Dec 14, '12 by kreedT-bird I do this ALL the time! I was filling out papers for my kids school meds and the RN laughed at me b/c I had filled out everything on the papers per md orders and even signed the mds name followed by my own with credentials.