THE PROCTOLOGIST EXAM
- 0Dec 17, '00 by randomnameesA man went into the proctologist's office for his first exam. The
doctor told him to have a seat in the examination room and that he
would be with him in just a few minutes. When the man sat down and
began observing the tools, he noticed there were 3 items on a stand
next to the doctor's desk.
1. A tube of K-Y jelly 2. A rubber glove 3. A beer
When the doctor finally came in, the man said "Look Doc, I'm a little
confused. This is my first exam. I know what the K-Y is for, and I
know what the glove is for, but can you tell me what the BEER is for?"
At that the doctor became noticeably outraged and stormed over to the
door. The doctor flung the door open and yelled to his nurse........
"Dammit, nurse! I said 'A BUTT LIGHT!'"
- 10,116 Visits
- 0Apr 25, '06 by nurse020302Quote from 58flyerI think you are taking this way too seriously. It's humor!!!!!!! The guys that I did this to had no problem with it, they got the joke. I didn't leave the room until reassuring them that it was not time for that type of exam yet. It's a joke, they got it, why don't you.It's worse than mean, it's downright unprofessional. I find it difficult to believe that a nurse, of all people, would find joy in the terror of a patient.
- 0Apr 26, '06 by 58flyerQuote from nurse020302I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this. It would have helped if you would have said that you gave some degree of reassurance though. I have had too many bad experiences in this area which is why I am so touchy about it. Guys just don't get the same respect when it come to intimate care as you gals get. Imagine yourself having had a bad experience and then seeing a male posting something off-color here ref females under the guise of humor. You just never know how people will react to this stuff. What the OP said about butt light/ bud lite, now that was funny! It was obvious humor. I am all for humor. Nuff said.I think you are taking this way too seriously. It's humor!!!!!!! The guys that I did this to had no problem with it, they got the joke. I didn't leave the room until reassuring them that it was not time for that type of exam yet. It's a joke, they got it, why don't you.
- 0Apr 27, '06 by mshultzQuote from nurse020302I am easily embarrassed, but I still do not have much of a problem with your sense of humor. One of the things I appreciated when I was in the Critical Care Unit in 2003 is that no one ever did anything to embarrass me in front of my visitors. I was even given slippers and pajama bottoms (in addition to the gown) after the nurse cleaned me up.I can't quit laughing. When I had male patients come into the office for a physical, the above 40 crowd because we did rectal exams on all those over 40 but not until than as a rule, I would pull out the KY and gloves just to see their eyes get bigger.
Actually, the biggest surprise in reading the allnurses.com forums is how modest nurses can be about their own bodies. This knowledge may cause me to smirk during some future intimate procedure, as I wonder how the nurse would react if she were undergoing the same procedure.