Share Your Saying - Page 39Register Today!
- Aug 14, '08 by haleysmumHere are 2 of my faves:
From my Dad:
More great men have been made from the crosses they have carried on their backs, than the crowns that were carried on their heads....
(I love saying this to the younguns)
I got underwear I been using for dust rags for longer than you've been alive...
- Aug 14, '08 by sjt9721(I apologize if these have already been posted...)
"Trolls never die."
"You're either green & growing...or ripe & rotting." (Ray Kroc)
"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." (Author Unknown)
- Aug 24, '08 by deyo321Would you like to speak to the Doctor in charge or the nurse who knows whats going on? ( I have the T shirt)
- Quote from Peppercorn_KatThanks for these - both funny and apt."You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine.' So that was nice."
"Those who discourage your dreams have probably abandoned their own."Last edit by aussiemags on Aug 29, '08 : Reason: spelling
- Quote from nana2003Having children is like having a bowling alley installed in your brain.I have a little plaque on my wall that reads.........
Raising kids is like being pecked to death by a chicken.
- Quote from DarlinNurseRedHey my mum used to say that too. And I miss her too. She also used to say "Home Jeeves and dont spare the horses."
One of the last times I ever got to ride with my dad-he said what he always said when he drove up to his house,
"Home again, home again, jiggety-jog."
Gosh, I miss that.
Some of my favourites:
"M" is for mother not for maid.
Only dull women have immaculate homes.
And sorry guys but someone has to say it....
If we can put one man on the moon, how come we cant put them all there?
Would you like to speak to the man in charge, or the woman who knows what's happening?
One of my favourites (and unexpected source) is Angelina Jolie:
"People say that you're going the wrong way when it's simply a way of your own."
"So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of it's own. Today's trouble is enough for today." The Bible
"Why do we get all this life if we dont ever use it? Why do we get all these feelings and dreams and hopes if we dont ever use them?" Shirley ValentineLast edit by aussiemags on Aug 29, '08 : Reason: spelling
- Quote from Nicky30Kangaroo loose in the top paddock.How about these from down under....
Flat out like a lizard drinking.
Useless as boobies on a bull.
Stubbie short of a six pack.
Sandwhich short of a picnic.
Live, laugh, love and listen to your nurse (I wear this on a badge to work).
Politicians are like diapers they both need to be changed frequently and for the same reason.
I tried to drown my troubles but the little buggers learnt to swim.
The only thing to fear is fear itself. If you allow such a negative emotion to rule your life then you simply have nothing, feel nothing and are nothing. Instead, be brave, be bold, take chances and you may find there is nothing to be afraid of after all.
- Aug 29, '08 by grace90to patients needing to do some pulmonary toilet- "coughing and deep breathing clears the junk out of your lungs and keeps 'em expanding like they should, it's your lungs' way of keeping house"
- Aug 29, '08 by sjt9721Last edit by Elvish on Aug 31, '08 : Reason: TOS
- Sep 1, '08 by chelleshockedWell I didn't have time to read them all, but here are two of my faves:
Afterism (n) - A concise, clever statement you don't think of until too late.
Q-Tips, if you aren't supposed to put them in your ears, then what the heck are they for?!?