Funny seizure patient cartoon... - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 2, '10 by Larry77ED black humor...not meant to offend, just to entertain...
Some that don't work in the ED might not understand the humor that keeps us sane. If we took all patients seriously we would be with you Kathy on psych :-) (coming from someone who worked psych for 4 years...)
- Jan 2, '10 by nursel56Interesting counterpoint to the "Where is your compassion for drug-seekers" thread! Have I mentioned. .
Kathy, I think even the most cynical doctors recognize the real thing-- I hate it when everyone is tarred by the behavior of some. . . BTW, I just noticed what your username actually says. . . for months I thought it was SHARPIE-MOM. A person with an unusual affinity for indelible ink pens. . . :imbar . . ahhhLast edit by nursel56 on Jan 2, '10
- Jan 3, '10 by Valerie SalvaHaha!
- Jan 3, '10 by thenameismacInteresting conversations going on here, but i have a question. What do you do when it appears that someone is "faking" being sick? OR...what if the person is truely ill in some way but it appears they are lying?
- Jan 3, '10 by Larry77Quote from thenameismacYou basically treat them like they are actually sick until you can prove otherwise with an objective finding. We are in a society that unfortunately has to practice CYA medicine...Interesting conversations going on here, but i have a question. What do you do when it appears that someone is "faking" being sick? OR...what if the person is truely ill in some way but it appears they are lying?