Preceptors for MSN online Educators - Page 3Register Today!
- Jun 9, '12 by never2kerleyDear Vicky,
I am getting in touch with the right folks......I spoke w/JN and sounds like you are free to be.
- Jun 26, '12 by LLMSNRNCDcI know first hand about preceptors. I did walden msn and had no difficulty finding preceptor. I did it in staff education. Currently doing DNP and it has been a challenge. I had a preceptor who went out to have some type of aesthetic surgery so right now I have incomplete then at last minute just says cannot accommodate. I have been trying to secure another preceptor as time passes. I do to want to repeat course. These courses are tough enough. Waiting to hear from a place and looks good but the affiliation is the wait time.Good luck. Do not let this courage you.
- Dec 18, '12 by KevaHobbsI too an having a hard time finding a preceptor in Houston Tx. Please help?
- Dec 18, '12 by LadyT618Check out U of H at Victoria, Sugar Land Campus or Wharton Community College, same campus. They're actually in the same building.
- Dec 19, '12 by classicdameI have served as preceptor for MSN students in my area. But I don't get paid, so there is no incentive to "come out in droves". The schools get the money and expect the preceptors work for free and have all the liability.
I do have a suggestion. Contact educators in local hospitals. They network with other MSN/DNP/PhD types. They may have leads.
What I do not understand is why the school does not keep up with who has precepted before for their students in a given area of the country. They could refer you to those people.
- Dec 26, '12 by suniI went to Walden and finding a preceptor was not difficult but I started as soon as I enrolled, getting the legal agreements signed was another matter. In the end it all worked out but it was a little stressful, but school always comes with stress.
- Jan 9 by TRM1960I am looking for a preceptor in San Diego, Ca area. I am enrolled in Walden University MSN Education track program. I will be starting my practicum late summer early fall 2013. Does anyone have any leads ?