hi everyone! i'm new to allnurses so please forgive me if i am not doing something right. i have just prepared my first resume ever & i was hoping you all could review it and let me know of any changes i need to make. thank you soo much!!
*i left off my information that would appear at the top
to apply my knowledge & skills to a position as a registered nurse while continuing to develop professionally.
, texarkana tx (do i need to put the college name in bold?)
associate degree of nursing, may 2012
clinical sites included:
- medical/surgical, christus st. michaels hospital, texarkana, tx, october 2010-may 2012
- maternity/pediatrics, christus st. michaels hospital, texarkana, tx, march 2011-may 2011
- mental health, split rail facility, prescott, ar, august 2011
- geriatrics, reunion plaza senior care & rehabilitation center, texarkana, tx, august 2010-october 2010, april 2012
honors & awards
- atlanta memorial hospital business office, july 2008
- microsoft certified application specialist for office word 2007, 2009
- national honor society, 2008-2009
- phi theta kappa, 2010-2012
This is probably late advice, but good to know for future reference, or new graduates reading this post: bigp and the others are correct in that objective is outdated. What you want to do, and what looks a little more telling about you as an individual, is replacing your "Objective" with a "Professional Summary", where you should state not only your strengths as a RN and employee in general, but also what direction you are interested in taking your career. This can be as broad or as narrow as you see fit. You should keep in mind what previous posters have mentioned, though, meaning if you are too narrow in your career path, it may cost you any opportunities based on your limited interests. On the flip-side, however, ANYTHING paraphrased with language acumen could demonstrate your ambition and make you more likely to get your foot in the door, depending on what a potential employer is looking for.
Last edit by TheBlackDogWaits on Dec 25, '12
: Reason: typos