New RN can't find job in Miami with 5 years LPN experienceRegister Today!
- by Var01 Feb 10Hi everyone, I'm new in here and still trying to figure it out please bear with me.I graduated and passed my boards in Dec '12 and I've been looking for a job since with no luck. I have 5 years of being an LPN in a nursing home but I haven't even gotten a call back. I'm getting really discouraged and starting to think maybe I'm not doing something right. Does anyone have any advise or suggestions?
- 1,049 Views
- Feb 10 by DoeRNNo, this is happening everywhere. There are several threads on here about new grads unable to find jobs.
Sent from my iPhone using allnurses.com
- Feb 10 by aprilpam77Right, it's a tough market for nursing.
Keep trying and trying.
- Feb 12 by MeriwhenThe problem is that technically, you have no RN experience. It's a shame because a smart employer would realize that you do bring some nursing experience with you--and being a LVN in a LTC is not an easy nursing job at all--and that you're several steps ahead of your average new grad. Sadly not everyone sees it as such :/
In addition, it's just a horrible job market for many nurses, experienced as well as new grad. Plus you have only been searching for a couple of months...many new grads are taking several months or longer to find anything.
All you can do is keep applying.
Best of luck!
- Oct 26 by futurenurse809has anyone found jobs in miami, i am so desperate!!!
- Nov 24 by SE_BSN_RNI am in the same boat....still looking, but I have my old job...
There's not a shortage of nurses, but you sure couldn't tell by all the open positions listed on hospital websites!
Good luck. I certainly know how you feel!
- Nov 24 by joanna73Hospital websites are deceiving. Often positions are posted, but the employer has no intention of filling them in a reasonable time frame. They post to keep the positions in their budgets and to keep unions happy.