- You mentioned that "I hate my job".
- I too feel the same way (perhaps not as strongly). But I do hate being in a cubicle all day.
- My motivation. I am keeping my current job, and use that as a motivator to study.
- Right now, I am getting impatient. We are on a 3 week break between classes. I actually spent about 5 hours today hitting the A&P texts (I have syllabus for next semester).
- Also, I plan on doing the travel nurse thing. Part of my dream entails purchasing an old Greyhound type bus and having it converted into a motorhome (or buying one already converted). Then, using that for both nursing and fly-fishing.
- For me, going into nursing is not ALL about the money. I will make 1/2 in nursing what I do in the computer field.
- It's more of a qualify of life issue for me. I see these folks with 30 to 40 yrs experience in this place. They all look like crap. They never took care of themselves. They walk around like they are homeless (you know - the homeless person shuffle - get there when they get there).
- Also, I absolutely hate Evansville, Indiana. I moved here from Denver -- due to layoffs. Was only place I could find work in my specialty (Java programming - have MS-Comp Sci).
- So, instead of complaining and doing nothing. I decided that I would teach Comp Sci classes 1 or 2 evenings a week, and go for a nursing degree.
- Next year (June 2004), I will start flying every other weekend from Evansville, In to Syracuse, NY for clinicals. This way, I can maintain my current employment and do the nursing thing.
- About 1/2 way through nursing school
(June 2005), I will make the big decision on whether to combine the two fields, or totally walk away from comp sci.
- Seriously, I am absolutely sick of corporate america and its utter b.s. I love to program --- nothing like a case of pepsi, a few bags of doritos and dip, and a few all night programming sessions.
- I want to be independent of corporate america - and want to do the travel nurse thing.
- If I somehow manage to get the CRNA thing out of the way - then I plan on doing traveling CRNA "locum tennis" . Probably killed the spelling
- Right now, I find it incredibly easy to study. It's finding the actual time that gets a little hairy.
- Hope this helps answer your question.