a career in nursingRegister Today!
- by lateblumer Dec 17, '02i have wanted to be a nurse since i was four years old. i was the kid in the neighborhood who always had band-aids and cotton balls and iodine. All my friends came to me to fix their boo-boos.
My parents told me i wasn't smart enough and didn't get good enough grades to be a nurse.
I am a single parent of two girls. Worked part-time putting myself through nursing school. Paid every dime out of my own pocket with the exception of $500.00 that jtpa paid for uniforms and books.
The job is heartbreaking, and has long hours, and no glory at all unless its the look of gratitude that a resident or patient gives you without saying a word. The pay isn't anything to write home about, considering the responsibilities of the job.
But I love what we do, and wouldn't choose any other career to be in. I'm still that four year old at heart.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=27582©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,387 Views
- Dec 18, '02 by renerianNice post blumer
- Dec 18, '02 by New CCU RNAwe, that is a very sweet post
- Jan 20, '03 by amyrae76Those of us who are getting ready to start nursing school hope that once we're done and in the trenches like you, we'll love our jobs too!
- Jan 20, '03 by lateblumerMy philosophy is...If your heart isn't in it..then get out of it!
- Jan 21, '03 by TheBrainMusherCongrats to you and I'm liking these motivational posts!
Hey, I though NJ was the armpit state .... :roll
- Aug 3, '03 by Momof2Bys2GrlsThat was such a beautiful post keep your head up and remember that 4yr old that's enough to make you cry. keep your head up lateblumer