Australia- Can anyone give me some advice for first grad RN job huntingRegister Today!
- by tyc1115 Nov 10, '12I am a third year student and gonna finish this degree next mouth.
I was not lucky enough to get into new grad.
Can anyone give me some advices for job hunting in NSW please?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=796870©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,723 Views
- Nov 10, '12 by JustBeachyNurseMoved to Nursing in Aus/NZ forum in world nursing section to elicit further response.
- Nov 10, '12 by canned_breadSome nurses at work told me that if you have not been offered a position the main priority is to "get in there" and get experience, no matter where it is or how much you dislike it. After a year or two of experience of being an RN, you can then transition and go where you want to go.
I looked around at the med-surg hospitals and found they all required experience, even for casual pool. So I am going to look at aged care (even though I don't like it), and mental health... just for a year, and then join the transition program of the hospital I want to be at. I'm just hoping I maintain my skills which I feel so unconfident with to begin with.
- Nov 11, '12 by Rhi007Agency work!!! Gets your foot in the door, gives you experience in different areas and different hospitals
- Nov 11, '12 by ceridwynwithdrawn post resigning.Last edit by ceridwyn on Nov 13, '12