Aussie-isms - Page 5Register Today!
- Jan 26, '03 by donmurrayAaaaah! Doesn't that warm the cockles of your heart!
- Jan 26, '03 by kaviThis is fun. I've always loved things Aussie and hope to visit someday. But Grace OZ is 'bugger me' really something people say? It must mean the same thing there as it does here........
If you come here and say it and people take it literally, you'll want to keep your back to the wall.:roll :chuckle
- Jan 27, '03 by OzNurse69Actually, it doesn't quite mean the same thing.....not in the general context of "bugger me" or "oh bugger it", anyway.....and yes, we really do say it!!
- Jan 28, '03 by MHNKavi "bugger Me" definately doesent refer to acts which some would label as indecent or illegal. MHN
- Jan 28, '03 by TookieSandgroper - loved the poem - I'm sure that my husband wrote that one!!!!
- Jan 29, '03 by sehbearRE: BUGGER
Yes we do use it in real life...
I use it all the time, one single word can mean so many things....
- Jan 31, '03 by Aussienurse2Toads- Queenslanders
Cockroaches- New South Welshmen
Apple munchers- Tasmanians
Sandgropers- West Aussies
Don't know what the others are
- Jan 31, '03 by sandgroperSouth Aussies- croweaters
- Jan 31, '03 by OzNurse69Mexicans - Victorians (if you are from New South Wales)
- New South Welshmen & Victorians (if you are from Queensland)
- Feb 2, '03 by frannybeeSandgroper, I've gone all homesick and teary-eyed now!