I will fear no evil: for you are with me - Page 3Register Today!
- May 1, '12 by JZ_RNMany of my patients are very religious, and while I am not, I do find calm and peace when I say a little prayer with them (usually at their request) and I know it helps them cope with difficult issues (pain, end-of-life, loneliness, etc.) At the end of the day, if you made the patient happy and didn't harm them, bur helped them, it's a blessing no matter what.
- May 1, '12 by LocNurseThis was utterly remarkable stirred my emotions. I too pray with my patients even though I do not believe I am agnostic.
- May 1, '12 by alaur74thank you for this. very powerful stuff.
my favorite saying- I have it tattooed on my arm. This would be my response...
Offert ou pas, Dieu est ici.
"invited or not, God is here". That can mean anything, as religion and spirituality are not one and the same. Praying with someone is never a waste of time, if it brings healing, peace and serenity. God is all of these things.
- May 1, '12 by flashpointWow...I don't know what else to say! One of the best I have read.
- May 1, '12 by htgardensWish I could put this on Facebook!
- May 1, '12 by CheesePotatoWow. Just....wow.
I am overwhelmed and humbled by your kind words and reflections.
To those who may wish to share what is written, I raise no objection to sharing any part of anything I have penned. Once my words have been released from the battered cage of my mind, they no longer belong to me, but to the universe. Do with them what you will.
- Jul 2, '12 by Liddle NoodnikOh my goodness you aren't supposed to make me cry. And I AM a "religious individual" and like to think of myself as tough to some degree, lol... but you got me. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. And - WHAT, nursing student? didn't you go to school (at least) - don't they teach this in Spirituality 101? That the patient has mental, emotional, physical and spiritual needs, that their spirituality is individual to them and that we are to support them in meeting their needs?
Hm. (shaking my head)