Canadian comes to America for life saving surgery
- 1Sep 28, '09 by ozoneranger
- 6Oct 7, '09 by AirforceRNQuote from ozonerangerOne story from one lady and you have the Canadian Health Care system figured out eh?
This story is an anomaly. By and large Canadians receive excellent health care on a timely basis. I'm not saying our system is perfect but what system is? With Obama attempting to reform health care, opponents (including certain media) will latch on and sensationalize what ever they can in order to make a point.
- 5Oct 7, '09 by BahoRNQuote from OnekidneynurseI recently vacationed with 2 ladies from Canada. They told me the healthcare there is not what it's proported to be.
Whom is reporting (proported as you stated) what Canadian health care is.
Woman's Health/Sex Ed/Diabetes/Food and Nutrition....covered
Longer life expectancy....yes
Stronger social fabric....yes
Higher quality of life....yes
Wait times (whether for triage in ERs or for imaging) sometimes longer in urban centers...yes
Difficulty getting care in rural areas before the APRN...yes
Doctors making less $$....yes
Health care workers enticed by larger salaries in the US...yes
Malpractice insurance lower than US....yes
Would any Canadian give up their health care coverage for lower taxes and shorter waiting times....No
- 4Oct 7, '09 by loriangel14 GuideI have heard repeatedly about our supposed horrific wait times but have yet to see any of this happen where I am. The last 2 times I have been to the ER I have been out in less than an hour. A friend was diagnosed with breast cancer and she was in surgery in 48 hours. I needed to see a specialist and got an appointment in about 10 days. One of my patients needed anMRI and he got one in 2 days. I live in a rural area and I don't think my access to health care is bad at all.
- 2Oct 7, '09 by Fiona59Quote from loriangel14And don't forget, the more you whine to the media, the more you hope to shame the provincei into picking up the tab for what debt she and her family chose to incur.And if you read more about this woman you will find that she did not actually have cancer, as she claimed, and her life was not in danger. She just wanted to waltz to the front of the line.
Whoops, read the whole thing, and there it is, she wants Ontario health to help her with the bill.Last edit by Fiona59 on Oct 7, '09 : Reason: to supply a link