New here and need some encouragement - Page 2Register Today!
- Nov 20, '12 by MichelleRN34Quote from GA_RN2006I'm in NC going through similar situation.Hello Austin,I to am from NC. Lost my dream job 2 yrs ago for diversion, turned into the BON & now going through all the hoops to try to get my license back. I wasn't able to get into the monitor program bc they said I wasn't an addict but in all reality I was. I surrendered my license as a result. Currently I'm doing the daily call in for UA's & doing my intensive therapy, getting ready to start my aftercare program. How far are you in the CDDP? Do you know any other nurses that have gone through this from NC? I'm so stressed & worried that I'll never be able to be a nurse again.
- Nov 21, '12 by GA_RN2006Thanks Michelle I sent you a private message I hope you got it, I'm still new to this.
- Nov 21, '12 by LisaRNsoberThank you all for your kind words. I realize how really lucky I am that I got help before I hurt someone or otherwise caused myself more hardship...I try not to beat myself up to much....but occasionally the feeling so angry at myself gets overwhelming.I asked my advocate about cadeous meetings and she didn't know. I'll call tpapn after the holiday but if any of y'all know of a group in the Dallas area please PM me.
- Dec 26, '12 by tka516Hello Lisa I am also in recovery and understand everything your going thru. I am so happy to be drug free and getting the help I wanted but like you its very hard to find the way back to employment after self reporting. I self reported in july and am in HPRP, Thats Health Professional Recovery Program. I have had a really hard time finding work. I almost got a job a month ago. When I interview I am honest in saying I had a personal Problem and self reported so I could get the help and support I needed. I have never told them I diverted. I explain the program to them and basically sell myself. Unfortunally my caseworker from HPRP told them I diverted and I lost that job offer. I was so depressed.Still am.
I am still trying to figure out what to reveal in my interviews. Will I ever work again. I am totally broke. I am going to meetings weekly. Seeing my addictionist monthly. I call daily for random drug screens. I have been clean since July10th. I am ashamed of what I did. I wanted to get caught honestly because I wanted help so bad. I didn't want to be addicted anymore. I wanted my life back.
I have been a nurse for 22 yrs working in Med Surg, ER, ICU. I am having trouble trying to think of what kind of job I can do. I can not pass Narcs for 6 months. I have to have a work site monitor so home care is out. I just don't know where to go from here. Any help would be VERY welcome.
Finding this form has actually lifted my spirts. Its a comfort knowing I am not alone in this journey.
- Dec 26, '12 by GA_RN2006Tka516, I wish you the best of luck in your job quest. I understand completely where your coming from. I lost my job d/t diversion & was then turned into the BON. It was the most difficult day & best day all in one. If that makes since. Difficult in that I seen how disappointed everyone was & best bc I no longer had to deal with my addiction alone & I could finally get the help I so desperately needed. I haven't been able to look for work yet & I'm scared that when I am I'll just get rejected. Sorry I couldn't give you any advice in your journey but just wanted to let you know that you've come to the right site. There's some really good people on here & everyone is very supportive.