financial help financial help | allnurses

financial help

  1. 0 Does anyone know if there is financial aid for recovering nurses (Idaho)? I desperately need help. My bank account has a negative balance, I will lose my house by the end of the month if I can't pay rent. Utilities are behind and shutting down. I can't even afford the gas to get to my evaluation, let alone the fees per visit.

    Any info would be greatly appreciated :bowingpur
  2. 3 Comments

  3. Visit  diva rn profile page
    I don't know of any financial help, but I would strongly suggest trying to find employment outside of nursing until you can go back to it.
  4. Visit  princess papooli profile page
    Can you get state disability in your state? Here in California, if you have worked and paid into the state disability system, you can qualify for state disability assistance, as depression & anxiety disorder (your situation sounds like something to be depressed or anxious about) & substance abuse are considered as disease process allowing you to collect a portion of what you paid into the system through payroll deductions. It was the only thing keeping my family afloat for a year, which is when it expired. Good luck & praying for you.
  5. Visit  mary10 profile page
    Every state is different. In our state group for impaired nurses, we had nurses receiving disability, collecting unemployment, receiving food stamps and housing assistance, some worked as waiters, food clerks, whatever, essentially they were doing whatever they had to do to survive. Some were lucky enough to have 401Ks to dip into. So do not be afraid or ashamed to ask for help. I remember that I cried the day that I walked into Social Services. They were kind to me....and they helped me with some emergent food stamps and housing funds. It was one of my darkest hours. Remember to keep it day at a will help you keep your sanity and sobriety. You are in my prayers.
    KaseyJo likes this.

Visit Our Sponsors