Do you battle depression because of things on the jobRegister Today!
- by Sugargirl66 Jul 11, '08Hey I'm surgargirl66. I'm an LPN. I battle with depression big time does anyone else. There are times when I just want to die. I'm tired of the medicine changes. I've quit smoking and joined weight watchers. The doc said with all the changes in my body the medicine is going to change as well. He gave lamictal with the Lexapro and Wellbutrin I'm taking. Has anyone had this problem?
- Jul 12, '08 by ThunderwolfWhen it comes to making change, especially in depression, making one change at a time is often best...it reduces your risk of overwhelm. Been there....and many have too. Plus, medication changes often take a little time before becoming beneficial to you.
You might want to check out if a depression support group is near you...for encouragement, support, and reducing the loneliness that depression can often bring.
Hang in there.
- Jul 21, '08 by softstormsHi, quit smoking and battle depression at the same time? You are stronger than you think! Not smoking will give you greater confidence that you ever had (coming from a smoker) Knowing that you are not alone on the depression, will help also. The greatest thing a person with depression can do is know that some one else has been there done that. And lived on! Sugar, there is nothing you have seen or done that we (that is a collective we) have not done.
- Jul 23, '08 by Shell5Sugargirl, I have had major depression since I was 16. I am in my late 30's now. I have had many med changes and I finally found a combination that works for me. There are some days I am still down, but not like I would be if I didn't take the medicine. If you are healthy I would suggest starting an excercise routine. Not anything strenous, but a few times a week. I try to keep my stress level down, do some things I enjoy like gardening. Journaling is good. The support group was a great idea. Reach out when you feel down just like you did here. Get a hotline number for times you are especially down. Try and seek a counselor. Maybe they have MHMR or if you have insurance you can find a therapist or even a clergy. It helps to have someone to talk with about our trials. I have come a long way with dealing with my depression. I promise you that you are not alone. If you have faith in a Higher Power pray, get closer. If you ever need someone to email you are more than welcome to email me. I can relate.
- Jul 23, '08 by softstormsSugar....come back and talk to us anytime. We have all been there and done that. When you get ready to climb up out of you frame of mind. Come on back, and talk to us.
- Jul 23, '08 by AtheosQuote from Sugargirl66Unfortunately I have major depression due to bipolar 2 disorder. The medicine always changes. I find though that even though the number of days I want to die is great, those few days of happiness are wonderful!!!Hey I'm surgargirl66. I'm an LPtN. I battle with depression big time does anyone else. There are times when I just want to die. I'm tired of the medicine changes. I've quit smoking and joined weight watchers. The doc said with all the changes in my body the medicine is going to change as well. He gave lamictal with the Lexapro and Wellbutrin I'm taking. Has anyone had this problem?
I wish I could tell you it would end but all I can tell you is hang in there. These battles make us stronger than any normal person could ever know! Every day we are alive is another day we win.
Who would want to be happy all the time anyways? Anything worth having is worth fighting for.
You are not alone no matter what the depression wants you to think. Someone out there loves you. Find them and keep them close.
- Jul 23, '08 by softstormsI will share this with you.....in my life, I now know that I may be alone fore ever. I have times that this overcomes me. My parents are gone and my grandparents long gone. I AM the elder! but an elder to whom?
I have little left in family. But, I have a half sister in W.Va. and a Half brother in Ohio. So, just stand tall in what you have. Remeber....it is not about what you don't have...it is about what you do have!!!!! If you are the one to be elder LOL, then be the best damn elder you can be
- Jul 24, '08 by Shell5I love what you shared and keep the faith.