nclex rn application in Nevada - page 6
by jgiovann 13,067 Views | 65 Comments
how long would it take to process for the nclex rn in nevada? approximately how many months until you were given the eligibility from the time you applied? thank you.... Read More
- 1Nov 7, '12 by KuyafernQuote from daisycariagaFrom my evaluation my education in the Philippines is comparable to the US nursing program. I don't know if it is really that important. I've had some not so high grades when I was in 2nd and 3rd year, rebelling in all, but I managed to maintain a passing grade. hmm.hi kuyafern,
i am disappointed with your application in Nevada for like you i also applied there. i just need to pass the TOEFL exam but with what they had said to you, i doubt they'll do to other foreign (IEN) applicants. is the poor grades in MS are their basis for that? I want to ask kuya fern regarding your evaluation from CGFNS-CES? was your nursing education in the Philippines comparable to US nursing education?thanks...
- 0Nov 14, '12 by KuyafernQuote from Kjcarlosunfortunately i don't have a license and from what I've read from Texas' application form if an IEN applicant does not have a license and a 2 year experience, the state requires the applicant enroll in a 120 hours of both clinicals and lecture.Kuyafern i heard its not that strict in texas. Thats one of my options since nevada requires certain course/s and i got denied in california. Im doomed. I hope everything went well!
F) If you have not worked at least two (2) years as a first level, general nurse within the four (4) years preceding the filing of the application, you will not be licensed until you complete a Foreign Educated Nurse (FENS) refresher course consisting of 120 hours of classroom instruction and 120 hours of clinical practice under direct supervision of a Registered Nurse. The applicant required to take the FENS refresher will be given a six (6) month permit to complete the refresher course.
- 0Nov 15, '12 by heyprincessheyQuote from Kuyafernunfortunately i don't have a license and from what I've read from Texas' application form if an IEN applicant does not have a license and a 2 year experience, the state requires the applicant enroll in a 120 hours of both clinicals and lecture.
-- Kuyafern, do you think your Nevada application would have been more positive if you were licensed in the PI ?
- 0Nov 15, '12 by KuyafernI believe so, i really do. There are people that say it's not important but in reality it is. A license in the country a person was trained indicates that the student is competent enough based on his or her passing the Philippines local exam. Unfortunately for me, I don't have a license. The NSBN will require a license starting 2013.
Quote from heyprincesshey-- Kuyafern, do you think your Nevada application would have been more positive if you were licensed in the PI ?
- 0Mar 22, '13 by KathyBelesHello kuya fern I am Kathy I am a us citizen and finished my nursing in the Philippines and passed my board exam there in June 2012. I am residing in Nevada and I was thinking of taking the NCLEX in Nevada. I have learned a lot from your posts that starting 2013 you will need to have a license in the Philppines now and that Nevada has CES that needs to eval your papers and needs the toefl before taking the NCLEX.
My question is what are the current 2013 requirements for taking the NCLEX now? Did anything change? And well I have another question if the CES says that you need to enroll a subject that is needed and you finish it, do you still need to take the toefl? Coz I mean after all you are studying here right? Or do you go straight to taking the NCLEX once you finish your theoretical/clinicals subject required?
I am very sorry to hear what happened to you I hope and pray that you will become a nurse here, because of course we didn't finish nursing in the Philippines for nothing if we don't take actions right? If we didn't then everything we worked hard to study would be a waste right? I am hoping to get a pm from you hopefully here or if possible can you add me on fb and msg me on there? My fb is firstname.lastname@example.org hoping to get a reply from you.
I hope that you will update on what happened to you after that situation thanks.