Illinois Fingerprinting Confused!!!
- 0Apr 20, '12 by gray07Good day,
I got my CES and I registered for CTS the only thing lacking is my fingerprinting card because I am so confused on what to do.
1. Do I get the fingerprinting done in a police department or a livescreen vendor? And after which will they keep the card or do I send it to FBI or CTS?
2. What will I send to CTS? is it FP-NUR, receipt and FP Card?
3. Do I need to do background check as well? is that in the same process with fingerprinting?
Please help me, Im in the last hurdle of my application!!
- 2,387 Visits
- 1Jun 20, '12 by NRSKarenRN AdminAll the directions for Illinois fingerprinting is found in the "paper application" including the list of approved vendors.
Registered Professional Nurse Examination Packet
Get fingerprinted via an IDFPR (Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation), an approved vendor for a criminal record check
A list of service providers approved by IDFPR and the Illinois State Police is listed in the Licensure by Examination application. Costs vary by site. Call to set up an appointment. It is critical that you save the receipt as proof that you have taken this step: You must include it in the Licensing by Examination application package you will later send to Continental Testing Services (CTS).
Out-of-State applicants who are unable to schedule an appointment for fingerprinting through an approved fingerprint vendor must obtain one (1) Illinois State Police (ISP) fingerprint card for
processing by the ISP. The ISP will transmit electronic results of fingerprint processing to the Department.
To obtain a fingerprint card, please contact the Department at 217-782-8556 or sendan email request on your profession page of the Department website at www.idfpr.com.
The fingerprint card may be taken to a police department in another state to obtain classifiable prints. The fingerprint card and processing fee shall then be mailed to ISP as follows:
Illinois State Police
Bureau of Identification
260 North Chicago Street
Joliet, Illinois 60432-4075
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK INFORMATION
For fingerprint processing fees, please contact ISP at
or at the following email address: BOI_Customer_Support@isp.state.il.us
- 0Jul 23, '12 by xxiangelHi,
How did you complete the Background check portion of the app ? Could you please help me as I am going to apply for endorsement in the state of Illinois.
My questions are the same as yours: Is the background check included in the finger printing process ? What the heck do you send in the mail to these guys?
- 0Jul 23, '12 by Hygiene Queen GuideWhen you do a Livescan, from a Livescan vendor, the prints are electronically transmitted to the Illinois State Police's Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS).
The requesting party (such as a school, workplace, private individual, etc.) are the ones who will receive the results.
The requesting party is subject to specific agreement laws that prevents abuse of information.
It should be noted that the list of vendors is not accurate or up to date.