Hello, everyone! I am a foreign graduate RN from the Philippines but am now permanently residing in IN, USA. I am currently applying for an RN license in IL. However, I do need some help regarding filling the forms out.
Here are some quick facts about me:
- I am married to a US citizen and residing in Northern Indiana (1 to 1.5 hours away from Chicago)
- The reasons why I am applying to IL instead of IN are:
- I intend to be licensed in both anyway and I compared the prices and it's considerably cheaper and faster to initially be licensed in IL first and then endorse to IN.
- I need 2 exams in IN--CGFNS exam and NCLEX
- I am a foreign graduate of a BSN and hold a foreign license as an RN
- I have formerly used CGFNS' CES service for a previous application in another state.
- They have verified my license from PRC (licensing authority in the Philippines)
- They have verified my education as well (high school & college)
Here is the link to the written application
, in reference to some of my questions below.
Here are my questions:
- I see from IDFPR that we have 2 options to apply--Written & Online Application. I tried filling out the Online first because of the convenience of paying via credit card. However, when I reached the last page for submission, I checked my application by reading the pdf generated from the online form. There are several inconsistencies with the instructions (for example, instead of Registered Nurse for the Profession Name, it says Professional Nurse) and how it was inputed (texts are cut off in the text boxes). Also, it only generated the 4-page application form.
- Which method should I file with?
- If Online, does that mean that I have to mail the other forms such as the CT-NUR and ED-NUR separately?
- With the Online PDF preview being incorrect and info are cut off, do they receive it this way or is it saved on their system differently?
- If Written, is the only way to pay for the application via check? Is there another way to do so (credit card, wire transfer, etc)?
- If Written, is it okay to be handwritten or does it have to be filled out with Adobe Acrobat?
As mentioned above in my quick facts, I already have a CES report from CGFNS. They also have copies of my Philippine license and educational documents.
- How do I go about CT-NUR and ED-NUR?
- Can I just request the CGFNS Education Records service? (CGFNS would send a verified copy of my transcripts and licenses)
- Can CGFNS fill out those forms in lieu of my university and PRC (both located in the Philippines)?
PART I, A, #4 in the application form, is the fee to be written there only for the CTS ($91) or the total of CTS and NCLEX ($291)? (both are in their reference sheet)
PART III, #1 regarding Number of Years of Elementary and High School education, is it 10 years (Grades 1-6 and Years 1-4 High school)? Does elementary include Kindergarten and Preparatory schooling?
PART III, #7 What do they mean by Specialized Training?
- Does this include duty hours in affiliated institutions while in university?
- How about seminars and/or Continuing Education credits?
PART IV Record of Licensure Information, it says 'state', does that mean I do not need to put my RN license from the Philippines or do I still need to?
That is all for now! Thank you very much everyone!