CVS-NY missing request - page 5

Good day. I'm starting to get worried about my CVS-NY application. Its either CGFNS is sending the request to a wrong address, or things keep getting lost in the mail, or my school is not processing... Read More

  1. by   gradnursen
    dear all concerned
    i graduated from nursing school in philippines. currently, i am in usa and i dont have any nursing license.

    i applied for cvs ny service in cgfns since nov 2011. since feb 2012, i have been waiting for my school to send the certified tor to cgfns. cgfns has already sent a second sets of request letter to my school in philippines but my school hasn't yet received any request letter so far. and i am so worried thinking what if my school will never receive request letter within 180 days period. however, i found that others are also facing similar issues. now , i want to try out what chokyali did( by sending the authorization letter directly to the school registrar and requesting them to send the certified tor to cgfns with their school seal. has anyone else tried this way?

    i have few questions for you since my concerns are very much related to you.

    1) what documents did you send to your school aside from the authorization form for your tor? ( note: since i dont have any license, i got waived from contacting the licensing authority) . despite, do i still need to contact or send the blank form addressing to licensing authority?

    2) did cgfns accept your tor with this method ?
    4) if yes, how many copies of tor did you request to your school?
    4) do you think i can try out your way ?

    i look forward to hearing from you.
    thanks a lot..
  2. by   Silverdragon102
    My understanding for CVS is the form is specific and has to be used.
  3. by   chokyali
    Hi gradnursen, first of all did you send the request to your school through mail since you said that you are currently in the US. If that's the case then maybe that is the reason why your school is not sending any information to CGFNS. First of all, you need to ask a relative to process your papers on your behalf. you need to send an authorization letter authorizing them to expedite your papers. Second, there is a required amount of money to be paid to your school for mailing your TOR to CGFNS. If this is not clear to you you can pm me.
    Last edit by chokyali on Apr 30, '12 : Reason: message not complete
  4. by   gradnursen
    Hi chokyali !!!
    thank you for getting back this soon..
    Actually , i am in constant touch with the school registrar and in fact , i have my relative there to help me out to release my TOR. Registrar is ready to send my TOR to CGFNS as soon as they receive a request letter from CGFNS. Since CGFNS is taking too long and doesn't sound to be responsible enough. So i wanted to try out how you did by sending a authorization form to release my transcript directly to school.

    Ya i am going to mail the authorization form to school. Does that only needed ?? any further suggestion ?? could you please answer my earlier queries ??
    I have added you in my friend list .Then only i guess i will be able to send PM.
    thanks again
    waiting for your reply
  5. by   gradnursen
    Hi chokyali
    Here i am again, I badly need your help..please ...
    thank you
  6. by   Nurse428
    Hi @gradnursen When did your cvs formally start its 180 days countdown?
    Last edit by Nurse428 on May 1, '12
  7. by   gradnursen
    Hi Nurse428
    CGFNS has sent the first set of request letter to my college on feb 7 .It's been high time already. What are you up to?
  8. by   chokyali
    Hi grandnursen,

    based from my experience , what I did was:
    1. filled-up the authorization to verify academic records/transcripts
    2. Gave the form to the school registrar and from that they gave me a form to fill up regarding what school documents I need and that is a certified copy of my TOR.
    3. I paid the corresponding fee. They asked me to comeback after 1 wk.
    4. After 1 wk. paper is done. They handed me a sealed envelope containing the CGFNS form and the certified TOR, and asked me to mail it to the school's post office. It should be mailed within the school's postal service.

    If your license is waived then there's no need in contacting PRC, besides prc has nothing to verify since accdg. to you. you dont have a license. Good Luck
  9. by   gradnursen
    thanks a ton. chokyali
    however, i got bit confused. i understand that the certified true copy of my tor should be mailed by my school with school logo on it via fastest means( dhl or fed ex).i didn't get what do you mean by school post office?

    you mentioned that t
    hey handed you a sealed envelope containing the cgfns form and the certified tor. what is that cgfns form? is that the same authorization form ?


  10. by   Nurse428
    We started at the same time for CVS and my school just got the request Last April. So just hang in there.
  11. by   chokyali
    Yes it is the authorization form, dont be bothered about the " school' s post office" as long as the docs is from school to cgfns process and if there's nothing wrong with the processing of your docs then i guess you should wait some more time because mine took 7 wks
  12. by   chokyali
    Quote from chokyali
    mine took 7 wks
    Sorry it should be 7 months
  13. by   gradnursen
    Your help really means a lot to me .. thanks..
    So you mean still 7 months more from the time cgfns receives my TOR up to the entire process of BON new york?

    @ nurse428
    Interesting ..keep me update of your progress.I will do mine too..