CA BRN new requirements for NCLEX RN international students - page 3
by jamalang 261,140 Views | 1108 Comments
I had already registered online in Pearson Vue but I think I'm not yet eligible to take the test. Is there an expiration date for my registration at PV? I received a letter from CA BON requesting for new requirements such as:... Read More
- 0Nov 8, '11 by nihaojailanQuote from fim1234Yes you need those to get clearance from your SCHOOL in line with completing the summary of RLE which the CaBON requires. Complete your requirements for school clearance first so they can send your summary of RLE to the board.this is my problem too. my school said i need to submit my PRC form of clinical cases and with signatures of CI, CN, Dean. I already have my copy but no signature because i didnt take my NLE.
to thoese with same problem what did you do?
- 1Nov 19, '11 by mischa084Quote from nihaojailanI applied early 2011 and had same set of requirements. I however did not mail them my cases on OR, DR and nursery. My school mailed them my student diary or logbook or box chart of duty dates when I had my duty, it had my signature and my instructor's signature on. I also mailed them my summary or RLE. Our school also mailed them a school catalogue and a the nursing curriculum (100+ pages). Oh and my class sched from 1st - 4th year. Yes the whole she-bang. So let's hope your respective schools kept you registration forms and schedule forms.
I got my ATT a month after that.
i just have a question, if you dont mind.. may i ask what do u mean by your school submitted the logbook or duty dates.. is it like the signatures in every ward? because im not sure if we have any logbook like that or its the dates of ALL duty we had?.. your school must be very systematic and good, my school is actually pretty disorganized so im trying to know all the requirements and would be deficiencies before i file for all of these since im also no longer in Pinas, i wonder also how the nursing curriculum look like, as in its 100 pages.. sorry got lots of questions, hope u can share some helpful tips.. thanks a lot nihao
- 1Nov 20, '11 by Ginger's MomThe standard for US school of nursing is a log of every clinical signed by the student and the instructor, the clinicals have to be done concurrently with theory. I don't think this is a new requirement ( at least for US educated nurses) but newly enforces by the CA BRN. In my opinion they are just looking at the same standards that US schools adhere to. What is confusing is that they didn't enforce this in the past. Perhaps the decrease of International Nurses failing the NCLEX which has a failing rate of 70% is making the Board look at international education. If a US school had this failure rate the school would be closed.
- 0Nov 22, '11 by ibelieve2011Just recieved that letter too after sending my repeat/re-apply application to Ca BRN... But did you guys took the nclex rn already like i did? Or first time taking it? Im pretty sure i did send everything that was stated on my letter when i first applied, they even asked for a copy of my passports, for my entry to the philippines and u.s. maybe to make sure i was really there or something.. They have everything, a copy my ssn, my us passport, even my re-entry permit that i used when still studying in the philippines.. I dunno why do i have to send all of that again.. Tried calling them earlier but keep getting voicemail when being transfered to an evaluator.. What should i explain to the evaluator? Do i really have to send it again 'coz i failed it? Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.. Thanks!
- 0Nov 22, '11 by NurseCubanitaRN2bQuote from Ginger's MomThe standard for US school of nursing is a log of every clinical signed by the student and the instructor, the clinicals have to be done concurrently with theory. I don't think this is a new requirement ( at least for US educated nurses) but newly enforces by the CA BRN. In my opinion they are just looking at the same standards that US schools adhere to. What is confusing is that they didn't enforce this in the past. Perhaps the decrease of International Nurses failing the NCLEX which has a failing rate of 70% is making the Board look at international education. If a US school had this failure rate the school would be closed.
It looks like the BRN is finally getting the picture. Slowly but surely the fail rates of international students will weigh heavily on what will happen in the future with applicants. The BRN is dead set on maintaining their standards, and some of these schools are well below the standards. The way it looks maybe the BRN start denying these schools period. Sometimes going to school inernationally, and saving money isn't worth it. People should really rethink about their education and where it will take them.
- 0Dec 2, '11 by roxygal_18Quote from anntweetOh really? seems theyre getting tough and strict on the requirements huh! i got my Clinical Experience Record Summary from my school in the Philippines.. they were the oneS who sent it to the BRN here in CA. i think you can email that Board of Nursing about it. Hope you'll be eligible for your exam soonest.
hi anntweet, just want to ask whats included with the clinical experience record summary?
- 0Dec 3, '11 by anntweetUnfortunately, the boards also asked for my clinical cases. whew! and Oh my.. I've read a post from someone that got the same problem.. she already submitted all her requirements but the BRN replied that she's not eligible for the exam coz the clinical cases are not concurrent with the subjects and that she should have masterals for her to take the Nclex RN here.. this makes me so confused! the Boards are getting strict on the date. They dont know that its hard to have all those assist be completed on the time together with the subjects taken? that's why we have completions for us to complete all those 5 5 5 required assist. and Now, im afraid if that will happen to me too.. but I hope not!! What about you guys? did you submit your clinical cases already?? That's the one similar to the papers you submitted at the PRC. My school just got a photocopy of the papers i sent to the PRC and told me that theyre just going to send the photocopies to the BRN CA. Do they accept photocopies? Im prayin' that the Board of Nursing here in Cali will accept all our clinical cases regardless of the dates.
- 1Dec 3, '11 by anntweetroxygal_18, My Clinical Experience Record consist of the total numbers per week for all the Clinical duties you've had. I'm sure your school have a copy of it. and what about your clinical cases? do you have them to? That's the problem im really facing right now on Boards here in California.. even though i was eligible for the first exam.. they're still asking me an additional requirement. if CA don't accept.. then maybe we'll just end to take the Nclex-PN or just apply for other state.. hmmmmmmmmmmmm. BRN CA makes me crazy!
- 0Dec 9, '11 by lllenjolllHi. I have the same problem too.
the bon requires me to submit my clinical cases.
it is stated in my letter that my school need to submit even my student hand book.
a long list of necessary documents was being requested to my school.
and it took my school 3 months to gather all of it.
yes, they are getting strict with the foreign applicants.
and recently, I got a letter again from the BON that they needed my
clinical rotation schedule for my cases. and additional transcript.
I guess what they needed are copy of original PRC cases you submitted before NLE.
I too is gettin frustrated right now. tsk.