BON denied my applicationRegister Today!
- by ambinjan Aug 17, '12hi. I am a graduate of Nursing back in the philippines and I am tryna take the board here in Las Vegas Nevada but they denied my application.. here is the letter from Nevada State Board of Nursing.. What Should I do? Help PleeeasE!
here is the letter
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8rfzr8jw2q8yvw/Anjinjan.jpgLast edit by ambinjan on Aug 17, '12
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=772935©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,615 Views
- Aug 17, '12 by mlykateRNLooks like you just need to take the courses that the BON requires as listed in the last paragraph. I would call the BON and ask to speak with someone so you can make sure you take the right course and then you should be able to test. Thats what I'm reading anyway....
- Aug 17, '12 by Kuyafernyou're not the only one having this problem. There have been other graduates who need to take a physical assessment and medical surgical course.
- Aug 17, '12 by ambinjanis there a school though that offers just that specific courses?
- Aug 17, '12 by ambinjanDid you take yours already?
- Aug 17, '12 by Kuyafernhey there, there are schools that do offer them but I'm afraid that they are in a nursing program. When did you apply in nevada? My papers are still being processed and haven't been sent to CGFNS. I'm afraid of receiving the same letter that you've received. I already know 2 people who has gotten this letter. one of them is jinxedminx. I'm thinking of enrolling in an ADN program so that I can actually meet the requirements the state is asking for. It might take 2 years... At the same time i'll be registering to other states that would actually let me take the exam. The reason why I want to go back to school is I don't want this being a burden to me in the future. I really want to become a Traveling nurse. Like from state to state. With concurrency problems some states won't accept my license. you should talk to jinxedminx about this. She already found a physical assessment program. I think it is out of state though.
- Aug 18, '12 by Silverdragon102Moved to the nurse registration forum
Few already have been affected by this as you can see, best bet is contact schools of nursing and see if you can attend as a guest for the parts that are required
- Sep 6, '12 by jinxedminxQuote from ambinjanHello ambinjan! Did you have a CES report sent to them? Have you viewed your applicant copy? I think there could possibly be a simpler solution... do you know how many hours it says for Physical Assessment in your report?hi. I am a graduate of Nursing back in the philippines and I am tryna take the board here in Las Vegas Nevada but they denied my application.. here is the letter from Nevada State Board of Nursing.. What Should I do? Help PleeeasE!
here is the letter
- Nov 13, '12 by KjcarlosHello ambinjan! What did u do now?Im planning to apply in nevada bon, same as you, i graduated in the pi. I got denied in cali so i really wanna make sure this time bout the step im about to take.
- Dec 21, '12 by myang28hi ambijan ..hows your status now?