Any nurses from Europe?Register Today!
- by Opto Oct 15Hi there!
I was just wondering if there were any nurses from Europe out there and if so, if you wanted to share you experience on how the paper work went? Have any of you moved to NYC?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
- 1,340 Views
- Oct 15 by loriangel14Where are you living now?
- Oct 15 by OptoI live in Belgium. I would like to know if there are any other nurses from Belgium, France or the UK that have used the services if the CGFNS. Are the studies easily recognized by the CGFNS? I'd love to hear how the process is going for other people. Thanks.
- Oct 15 by Gem1210390I am a uk nurse I am licensed through the state if Vermont. I took and passed the nclex requirement in 2009 in London. I am just going through the process of getting my visa screen but the nmc are holding this up because they have not completed the paper work correctly.
- Oct 15 by OptoHi Gem, Wow, are you saying that it would take 5 years to process the information? Did you have to take any additional courses or were you recognized as a equivalent of an RN automatically? Is the CGFNS the same as the NCLEX or do you have to pass both exams? I guess I am just a beginner in the domain so any info is surely helpful (or stressful). Thanks!
- Oct 15 by Silverdragon102CGFNS offer various services. Regardless if you took their exam (CP) you would still have to take and pass NCLEX to be able to work as a RN in the US.
CVS with CGFNS which is a requirements for NY BON takes approx 6 months as CGFNS has to do all the running in regards getting your paperwork. They will send on to NY BON once complete or 6 months has passed. The BON takes approx 1-2 months to make their decision to whether allow you to sit NCLEX or not. Then depending on place of birth the process for immigration once you have found a employer can vary from 3 to 10 years depending on current US visa bulletin.
Also check out the NY state under the US tab and you will see many US nurses struggling for work as many hospitals are closing
- Oct 16 by OptoHello, Is it possible to skip the CGFNS exam and only do the NCLEX? I guess I will have to ask them directly. Hospitals are closing? May I ask why?
- Oct 16 by Gem1210390Yes you don't have to do the cgfns exam. You need to do the nclex as part of the licensing process
- Oct 16 by OptoI think that there is a new procedure with the CGFNS now, can that be? I just do not want to take twice the same sort of exam. Where can you take the NCLEX exam outside the US? And sorry, I cannot answer your PM as I do not have enough posts to PM yet. Thanks though.
- Oct 16 by Gem1210390I don't know what new procedure you are talking about. If it is the cgfns exam this used to be a requirement but it is not anymore. For Test centres near you to take the nclex outside of the Usa Have a look on Pearson vue nclex test centres and you should be able to search for local centres.
You just need to search for Pearson vue nclex and there should be a section on the right saying locate test centre. I think for you it would be London