Hi I am a current AdultNP student. I will be graduating May 2015. As part of my NP roles class, I have to interview an experienced NP (over 2 years in practice). The instructor is trying to help us get a realistic outlook of the challenges of finishing the program and transitioning into the role of a new NP. If anyone has any insights on these questions, I would appreciate your feedback.
1) What were your challenges while pursuing your education? How did you manage Family, Work, Personal life during the clinical year? Strategies that helped? Were there challenges you did not anticipate? Advice you wish you listened to and didn't?
2) Do you feel your program prepared you to properly practice in your role?
3) Challenges in your current job?
4) Can you describe your collaborative relationship?
5) What were your biggest challenges transitioning to the role of NP?
6) Do you precept students? Why, why not?
Thank you in advance for your answers!!