Facebook notification - page 2
by pedspnp | 3,757 Views | 18 Comments
I had a nurse send me a FB message that a pt was trying to get ahold of her dr, so she contacted one of my office nurses on FB to see what to do ,who in turn contacted me on FB by instant message I'm not friends with patients... Read More
- 1Jan 29, '13 by squidbillyI ran into a dilemna similar to this recently. I am a school nurse as well as a musician. I use facebook to stay in touch with friends with a private page, and also have a band page that I use to promote my music and post show dates. I had a parent of one of my students "like" my music page, and then send a friend request to my private page. I ignored the friend request, but on my music page my only option is to "ban" him, and this feels cruel to me (perhaps due to the negative connotation the word itself carries?)
- 0Jan 29, '13 by Kidrn911Got burnt on FB and coworkers, now I never ever ever have a coworker as a FB friend. When I started my new job, was told by coworkers "we use it to encourage each other only, never burn each other" In the last 2 weeks I have witness 2 fb fights at work. It is never worth being a fb friend with a coworker for me.
BTW that was soooooo in appropiate what the nurse did to the point I would discuss this with you administrator.
- 1Jan 30, '13 by AngelfireRNI agree, that was a total misuse of FB.
I go against the norm (cue a gasp from the collective site), and I AM friends with some of my patients on FB. So is my OM and the other girls in the clinic. It has yet to be a problem. No patient has ever contacted me via FB about work, with the exception of one who messaged me to tell me that her father (also a patient) had had a major accident and would not be present for his appointment.
That being said, my patients look me up in the phone book and call my house, they stop me at the grocery store, and on one memorable occasion, one hollered up the line at WalMart to the cashier "Don't let her leave, she's my doctor and I NEED HER!"
She then proceeded to run down her plumbing problems (which she had already had addressed) in front of my father and my son.
That peeved me just a tad, but she's old and I let it go.
Again, as has been said, my clinic makes Bedlam look like Utopia, so take it as you will.
Bless your heart, I hope that never happens to you again.
- 0Jan 30, '13 by Joe V AdminWith the new Facebook Graph Search it is easier for people to find you ... in many cases, what comes up may embarrass you...
Here's an example of how people can misuse Graph Search...
* “Current nurses of people who like Racism”
* “Current nurses against abortion”
* “Nurses who like Focus on the Family [anti gay marriage]
and Neil Patrick Harris [very gay and due to be married
* “Single women who live nearby and who are interested in men
and like Getting Drunk”
* “Mothers of Catholics from Italy who like Durex”
Do this now, before Facebook’s Graph Search embarrasses you
Facebook Graph Search – Google Threat or Internet Joke?
- 0Jan 30, '13 by sophie_bob_kidsIf it bothers you that much, delete your FB. It doesn't bother me when patients come up to me in the store, movie theater, wherever. But then again, I got into this profession because I truly enjoy helping people. That's just me. I wouldn't make such a big deal out of it.