Things you'd LOVE to be able to tell patients, and get away with it. - page 243
:spin:Just curious as to what you would say. Mine goes something like this: Hi, my name is AngelfireRN, I'll be your nurse tonight. I am not a waitress, nor am I your slave. Yelling and hurling obscenities at me... Read More
- 4Feb 21, '12 by StaragateYou ask me if you are bossy. Of course, being the sweet person I am, I avoid the question and just tell you that I think you KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT. But yes, you are bossy and the most obnoxious resident in this place. I will be extra sweet to you so you don't decide to dream up 'stories' to tell people.
- 9Feb 26, '12 by Aurora77Most people understand the concept of "your nurse is busy right now dealing with a patient who isn't doing well. I'm not your nurse, but I am a nurse and am happy to help you until she's free." Apparently you aren't most people.
- 8Feb 26, '12 by NocturneRN"Contrary to what the commercials tell you, you don't come to the hospital to be waited on in comfort. You come here to work at getting well, and some of the work you have to do might be uncomfortable. And, no, it doesn't particularly make you look witty to address me as 'Nurse Ratched' when I expect you to do things you'd rather not."
- 5Feb 28, '12 by Altra GuideQuote from Lynx25Don't bother with the bleach wipe -- just toss her.You peed all over the wall.... ALL DAY
If your psychotic screaming wife comes and tells me ONE MORE TIME that it smells like urine, I will give her a bleach wipe and toss her out the window.
- 3Feb 28, '12 by travkittyNo, I can't give you anything for pain until the Doctor sees you!
Actually, I did say that, but outside the room I said to myself, "Why the frack do people think I, a nurse, can give them a narcotic before any tests & any doctor sets eyes on them? *****Last edit by travkitty on Feb 28, '12 : Reason: Woopsie
- 3Feb 29, '12 by maelstrom143"No, sorry. There is just so much magic our kitchen can come up with for a salt-restricted/diabetic/renal/fluid-restricted diet."
"No ma'am. I really don't care if you call your lawyer." Gotta love the ones that threaten to call their lawyers. Had one of those a few months ago. Pretty funny, actually, especially since she went through the yellow pages and it appeared no one was interested in taking her case (Baker Act).
- 2Mar 8, '12 by anotherone. Not that I care, but if you doctor shop and are a frequent flyer to every hospital in a 200mile radius and one dr remembers you from a rotation at a ANOTHER hospital for the same "abdominal pain" evaluated by every specialist in the hospital with a resulting psych diagnosis that is not going to get you a dilaudid pca but instead a quicker psych consult and discharge.
- 0Mar 8, '12 by anotheroneQuote from opossumhahah why not? at home " i just cover myself any way""Did you forget something...?"
I don't know, did I? I only have about a hundred things to prepare, execute and document in my 12hr shift. It's possible I might have forgotten something as critical as your fan, or your Pepsi, or ice cream. Speaking of which, I won't give you more Pepsi and ice cream while you are on an INSULIN DRIP. Doesn't matter if the MD OK'd it...I'm the last pass at the bedside and I personally think giving you high carb/high sugar snacks while you're here for uncontrolled hyperglycemia and on an insulin drip is downright stupid. And the fact that I cannot let you leave AMA without trying to keep you here is killing me...
this thread is FUNNY. can't believe I mostly ignored it for so long
- 7Mar 8, '12 by blessednurse12"Well if you know how to take care of your loved one better than me...WHY????are you here? I love this one, a family member said to me "well the other nurse said..." Oh! the other nurse said and can you tell me what health book she published that says coumadin is a vitamin.lol