lateral violence article
- 0Sep 13, '12 by aspirationI am doing a paper on the topic of lateral violence in nursing. Does anyone have any suggestions of articles, book, etc? This is for a class I am taking. Thank you for any suggestions.
- 0Sep 13, '12 by FlyingScotYour school librarian can do a lit search for you and, quite frankly, all you have to do is type "lateral violence" into Google and the world will open up for you. Is there something specific you are looking for that those two avenues of information gathering will not be of help?
- 0Sep 13, '12 by aspirationI need articles that have some real research. I want to stay clear of opinions as much as possible. I need something about how it affects cost to the healthcare system as a whole. How does it affect nurse turn over. Just wondering if anyone knew of some good references off hand.
- 0Sep 13, '12 by TheCommuter Asst. AdminThere are plenty of scholarly, peer-reviewed research articles on lateral violence in nursing, bullying, incivility, etc. All you'd need to do is conduct a search on Google, Yahoo, Bing, or any major search engine. The articles will surface if you look hard enough. Good luck to you!
- 0Sep 14, '12 by Bobmo88Here is some info for a lateral violence article that my Therapeutic Communication teacher assigned, I would post the link but it is under my online course material that requires my login info so I don't think it would work. Hope this helps:
Teaching Cognitive Rehearsal as a Shield for Lateral Violence: An Intervention for Newly Licensed Nurses
The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing · November/December 2004 · Vol 35, No 6 pg. 257-263